Been induced at the Jessops hospital? How long did it take them?

rasberry tea only works if you have been taking it regularly towards the end of your pregnancy. Try a good long walk, I tried everything from Pinapple to curry if baby doesn't want to come it won't. Did the midwife book you in for the stretch and sweep or did she just tell you you would be induced at the hospital? When I went over this was the first thing she booked me in for(two weeks overdue but the s&s can also be done at the hospital) if its unsucessful they try the gel and see how it goes just a waiting game for baby i think.

I was induced at Jessops back in December, it wasnt the labour after induction that was my main problem it was the fact they took me in at 42wks at 9am then kept me waiting on a ward with no induction for 2 days, and when you've gone that far already you really dont want to be sitting on a ward waiting for a bed because of a midwife shortage.

I asked to go home but was told if a midwife became available i would miss out and be back to square one so i sat it out waiting to be induced for 2 whole days with a husband and 2 young children at home trying to organise childcare so if they took me down he could be there with me. I am not the first and i'm sure i wont be the last that this has happened to as i know someone else who had the same experience in August last year.

Once they took me down, broke my waters 10pm and 2 hours later at 00.52my son was born so that was the easy part and i was out of there in the morning. Thankfully I shall be having no more children let alone having to go to Jessops!

I hope its better for you.

try reflexology - i usually take around an hour or so to get labour started for mums and get them ready for delivery. I get lots if referrals from midwives who know about my work. I also get sent mums who have breach babies for me to turn for them, ready for labour.

it's a nice an relaxed way of doing this.

good luck

sue

x

I saw a program about this on telly a while ago - a lady went for reflexology cause her baby was breach and it worked for her. She had a scan booked for the day after and the baby had turned. How cool is that? If I had known about this, that it could actually start you off in labour, I would have definately tried it because I was beginning to think I was going round again for another 9 months with my last baby! (18 days late!)

:wave: nothing happening, yet, then, Blossom2?

all the best for when it does!

A friend of mind went into Jessops to be induced a couple of weeks ago. She was 2 weeks over due. She went in on the wednesday having been told they were going to induce her that night but didn't. They then told her they would induce her in the Am of the Thursday but didn't. Finally about 6pm on the Thursday they induced her. She was in labour for 10 hours and ended up having a C section at the end of it!

I have heard they take their time when inducing you, but as long as i know things are progressing i will be a bit more calmer, lol. No plain talker nothing yet:( having period type pains but been having those for the past 3 weeks!) but apart from that nothing. He must be really comfy in there! just cant wait to bring him home ( when he decides to make an appearance)!

thanx everyone for all the information!

Just to echo what Plain Talker has said - Good luck for when you get going! I hope your experience is a good one (my first one was a doddle!) and just remember what you get for all your hard work! I think you'll find that as soon as you lay eyes on your little boy, it will have been worth every minute!

lol, they are lovely little things when they are first born, it's when they get older thats the problem! lol. thanx again, and hopefully it will be a doddle!

Good luck - they are indeed lovely when they are newborn:)

BTW I had some aromatherepy from the therepists at Jessops when I was close to having son 2 - the aromatherepist said that there was a blend she could use especially if she massaged in a particular place which could help things along -aswell as that someone else has already said about reflexology (they have therepists on staff so maybe you could call and see if they have any cancellations). Im sure it was a long walk that did it for me ... not good walking weather atm though;) Has your midwife talked about doing a membrane sweep with you yet?

Hi i had my baby on 27th june! and went into labour naturally except they had to break my waters. And he was a health 8.8! thanx everyone who said their peace.

I'm so glad that it all worked out the way it was meant to and your little one is healthy.

Congratulations!