Been induced at the Jessops hospital? How long did it take them?

Blossom and your new arrival.

Enjoy every minute, they grow so fast.

xx

Hi i had my baby on 27th june! and went into labour naturally except they had to break my waters. And he was a health 8.8! thanx everyone who said their peace.

Congratulations, hope you are feeling OK, what have you called him. Any pictures :)

congratulations, Blossom2.

that's fantastic. Hope te two of you are doing ok.

have you chosen his name yet?

Hello Mummy Blossom

Well done and welcome to your new child.....:love:

Congratulations hope mummy and baby are doing well

Oh, only just read about your news! WELL DONE blossom2!!! I hope both you and your little boy are doing well - Is he just scrummy?!

Many Congratulations to you and your family!

Lisa xxx

I shouldn't have started reading this as it is a subject very close to my heart. My daughter was stillborn because I went over my dates,after a low risk pregnancy. It is officially classed as an unexplained stiilbirth but my placenta failed as it just could not sustain the pg any longer. Everyone agreed she would be alive if I had been induced earlier but I wasn't offered the choice. If I had known the risks there is no way I would have gone over 40 weeks. If you feel you want to be induced then follow your midwifes advice.

I keep reading in some replies that you should be fine with daily monitoring. The thing is you won't get daily monitoring. The midwifes are just too busy to do that so if there are any problems they can easily go undetected.

I don't want to scaremonger as what happened to me was rare but I am just telling another viewpoint.

It sounds like you have done your research. Good luck with everything.

First of all congratulations on your new arrival!

Sorry I should have read to the end before opening my big mouth & posting. I am glad all went well.

Err, but it wasn't dangerous was it! There was no problem and you were 18 days late. The people who tell you that there is some magic number like 42 weeks are talking pure tripe. The best thing to do is to speak to many people in several independant organisations rather than take the word of a few ill informed people.

Equally, by posting on here that it's ok to go many weeks overdue and that you shouldn't worry about it, COULD be dangerous - I am very aware of this having known someone who this happened to and, sadly, she lost the baby due due to failure of the placenta. Nature intends that the placenta lives for 40 weeks, give or take a few. It's fine to recommend people to search the internet for more information and not just take the advice given to you by the Jessop, but this is not always sound advice. Sometimes speed is of the essence and delaying for research is not always the best course. Are you suggesting that the staff at Jessops are ill informed ? Do you have any medical training or have you got a crystal ball?