Been induced at the Jessops hospital? How long did it take them?

It is not my decision 2 be induced, .

You really, really, need to speak to some people other than your midwife. This can even be other midwifes or organisations.

It is not my decision 2 be induced, my midwife has told me i have until tuesday, and if i havent had him, they are booking me in for the 2nd july.

so hopefully i will go in beofre hand, and i don't want epidural as there can be many complications ( not all the time) but id rather stick with gas, air, and pethadine. or now what they call morphine, lol.

You have to give consent for this procedure, so yes, it is completely your decision.

Find out as much information as you can about the increased risks associated with induced labour and about the pros of cons of allowing your pregnancy to go overdue.

If you've had a healthy pregnancy with no complications theres no reason to be induced just because you're two weeks over.

I was induced at Jessops with my daughter. I had to call the hospital at 3.00 pm to see if a bed was available. I was told to go straight away. When I arrived, they put gel in my cervix and sent me off to labour ward for the night.

You may be lucky enough to go into labour overnight...hope you are as the induction did not work for me, neither did having my waters broken. I was stuck there for 19 hours and had to have a c section.

Hopefully your labour will start naturally...fingers crossed!

FYI My wife has accidently used my login details- I am not pregnant, though I would stand to make a fortune if I was!!!!

FYI My wife has accidently used my login details- I am not pregnant, though I would stand to make a fortune if I was!!!!

You could still have sex and hot curry though, can't do any harm:hihi::hihi:.

lol, when i said it's not my decision, well yes i have to give consent but i will be just over 42weeks and they can't leave me any longer so i can't really say no, not that im bothered or anything, just wanted to know a bit more about the induction process at jessops

lol, when i said it's not my decision, well yes i have to give consent but i will be just over 42weeks and they can't leave me any longer so i can't really say no, not that im bothered or anything, just wanted to know a bit more about the induction process at jessops

Thats the point, you can say no. They can let you go longer perfectly safely.

Many women go upto 44 weeks without any problem.

Everyone is an individual, the trouble is that at Jessops no one is assessed individually, and all get hearded in for an induction for no other reason that being slightly overdue. It's bonkers.

Did you want to know the procedure? As i can pm you this if you like.

i was induced at jessops a few years ago as i had pre ecplamsia. they started me off at 10 30 in morning and by 5 15 he was born only had a few hours of pain its definetly the best way to give birth i couldnt say a bad thing about bein induced its all seems to happen so quickly so good luck u will b fine :)

was it your first baby? if so that would be great if i had him that quickly, lol.

but i suppose everyone is different, just lets hope all's well:d

i was induced at the old jessops nearly 8 years ago when i was 17 and 2 weeks over my due date and it went as follows..............

i went in on the 4th of november at night and they induced me within a few hours with some gell stuff,

then

they left me a few hours but nothing so they did the gel thing again! :roll:

then a few hours later again with the gel thing this went on for about 24 hours with minimal results to my cervic.

so they then decided to give me some injection to make me contract more with did nothing except give me pain, they then gave me a painkiller which made me relax :loopy:

then they decided after about 38 hours to break my waters which again afer a few hours did nothing, then after leaving me another 27 hours they decided to give me a c section. :|

it sounds a lot but i got a beutiful baby boy after it all and it was all worth it :)

hope this helps

xxx

edit * this was my first baby*