Aunt Sally's becoming a Wetherspoons - The Francis Newton

My mates a joiner and booked to work on it for the next two weeks. He normally does finishing jobs so shouldnt be too long after that.

Anyone been in yet?

I understand it was the invited pre-opening launch night on Wednesday evening. A colleague went & says it's quite nice inside now.

I think it fully opened today.

Edited by sheffandy
spell check

a couple of my pals blagged their way into that event, enjoyed some free tucker and a couple of free drinks, said it was decent in there.

I went with some work mates for a drink last night. They've done a good job. Really opened the place out. I just can't believe Aunt Sallys got it so wrong for so long!

I popped in for a pint at lunchtime, they had a great selection of ales:

Jaipur

St Petersburg

Raven

It was like a Thornbridge Utopia. :D

I just hope my mates didn't sup it all last night, because I want a few pints there this afternoon before the ice hockey.

Regards

Doom

Havent been in there in ages. Whats it like now, anyone know?

Edited by cktweety

Havent been in there in ages. Is it now Wetherspoons?

No it isn't.

Someone made up the thread title and then we spent 4.5 pages going along with it :rolleyes:

No it isn't.

Someone made up the thread title and then we spent 4.5 pages going along with it :rolleyes:

4.5 pages and 3 years

No it isn't.

ha ha ha pmsl some people never learn to read do they :hihi:

I thought I'd drop in to the new 'Spoons and check what's been done to the old Aunt Sallys building - they've been doing some good work restoring some of the character of the place outside (only to be turning it into something 'faceless' by branding, admittedly).

However, I didn't stay there long, as they've deemed it fit to instate a pay and display scheme where you have to either pay for a ticket or if you spend more than £10 in the pub they'll refund you.

Cheek of it! It's not a bad idea to stop people using the car park unnecessarily, but it's unbelievable that an out-of-town pub would want to charge you to drop in for a quick pint. And to put a £10 minimum spend on it?!!!

Aren't they shooting themselves in the foot by starting off with this ridiculous car parking charge?

Well if its owt like swim in and that arrogant get james

Is that the ginger beardy one?

I thought I'd drop in to the new 'Spoons and check what's been done to the old Aunt Sallys building - they've been doing some good work restoring some of the character of the place outside (only to be turning it into something 'faceless' by branding, admittedly).

However, I didn't stay there long, as they've deemed it fit to instate a pay and display scheme where you have to either pay for a ticket or if you spend more than £10 in the pub they'll refund you.

Cheek of it! It's not a bad idea to stop people using the car park unnecessarily, but it's unbelievable that an out-of-town pub would want to charge you to drop in for a quick pint. And to put a £10 minimum spend on it?!!!

Aren't they shooting themselves in the foot by starting off with this ridiculous car parking charge?

As its difficult parking around that area its hardly surprising - I've seen people using the car park who've been to the hospital - can't blame them really!