Aunt Sally's becoming a Wetherspoons - The Francis Newton

Mod note: Cut the name calling please.

It is a very good Wetherspoons, either though it is a bit pricey for a Wetherspoons.

It is a very good Wetherspoons, either though it is a bit pricey for a Wetherspoons.

Pricey? They've got Jaipur on at £2.50 a pint at the moment.

They will also let you choose any guest ale to go with a beer and burger deal.

All in all a great pub with a great feel and good beer in good surroundings.

I have been in Francis Newton on sunday, and really love it!

Seriously, I dont want to sound like "ARR MUCH IS IT?" , but, 2 starters with nachos, 2 x brunch burger, 2 x chocolate fudge cake = 29£.

Pretty good prices and excellent food!

Absolutely nothing wrong with liking Spoons they get a hell of a lot right great choice of beers good food and you never feel like you've been ripped off,had a burger and a pint in there the other day for under a fiver.

Absolutely nothing wrong with liking Spoons they get a hell of a lot right great choice of beers good food and you never feel like you've been ripped off,had a burger and a pint in there the other day for under a fiver.

Most of them don't employ enough bar staff though. I don't mind a Spoons visit every now and again but the knowledge that I'll be standing invisible at the bar for ages puts me off. The big Hillsbro one being one of the worst for this.

Well, there are usually several staff around; but usually only one or two actually serving customers. Someone is usually detailed to go around re-arranging the menu cards on the tables to the Regional Manager's spec. This is an ongoing dialogue between Tim Martin and CAMRA, among others. There should be a "shout" button which the one beleaguered bar person can press when inundated, and which summons all hands on deck. I spend plenty of time in a Spoons and love the drink, the prices, the food and the craic; and the service when it comes...

Well, there are usually several staff around; but usually only one or two actually serving customers. Someone is usually detailed to go around re-arranging the menu cards on the tables to the Regional Manager's spec. This is an ongoing dialogue between Tim Martin and CAMRA, among others. There should be a "shout" button which the one beleaguered bar person can press when inundated, and which summons all hands on deck. I spend plenty of time in a Spoons and love the drink, the prices, the food and the craic; and the service when it comes...

Shout button is actually a good idea they use it in convenience stores when que gets big so could work in pubs too.The priority should always be serving customers over other tasks.

Shout button is actually a good idea they use it in convenience stores when que gets big so could work in pubs too.The priority should always be serving customers over other tasks.

Remember one Saturday lunchtime in the Bankers, crowd at the bar building up and one lass had been detailed to polish the gin bottles:rant: I do love the Spoons staff, they are, I guess, mainly students, and almost without exception are really pleasant, personable people. Campaign for the shout button!

Should have a dedicated till for the menu wavers who never know the table number or if the want curly fries, garden peas or lemon in their coke. Wonder how many people have tried the App yet?

Used new app in Rawson's a number off times,great when there are queues. This is the future,use one touch Paypal,beer delivered to table in two minutes from ordering !!

I've used the app in the Bankers Draft and it works a treat. The drinks were delivered seconds after ordering them and the food not long after.