Agent Provocateur knocks back his MBE

This guy Joseph Corre, the boss of Agent Provocateur has decided to knock his MBE back for the reasons stated. I wonder why he has waited until several days after it was announced to the public that he had been awarded this honour to then knock it back. I must be out of touch in that I've never heard of him or his business before but there is a cynical side of me that says he is doing this more to promote his business than for the moral reasons he suggests.

Mr Corre stressed he meant no offence to the Queen by rejecting the MBE.

"This in no way reflects on my opinion of the Queen whom I respect and would be honoured to have as a customer. In fact I think she would agree with me.

what a scary thought, the queen in agent provacateur undies....now i know how dirty jabberwocky feels all the time! :gag::help::gag:

x

This guy Joseph Corre, the boss of Agent Provocateur has decided to knock his MBE back for the reasons stated. I wonder why he has waited until several days after it was announced to the public that he had been awarded this honour to then knock it back. I must be out of touch in that I've never heard of him or his business before but there is a cynical side of me that says he is doing this more to promote his business than for the moral reasons he suggests.

I'm with you Darbees - I wouldn't be at all surprised he is thinking business, I was going to choose Agent Provocateur as my next perfume buy too:)

I'm with you Darbees - I wouldn't be at all surprised he is thinking business, I was going to choose Agent Provocateur as my next perfume buy too:)
forget the perfume his online store is a right royal treat for the lads :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Getting himself in the news like this certainly won't do him any harm.

Come on people, he's Malcolm McClaren and Vivienne Westwood's son, for Heavens's sake - the guys who used to run the bondage-wear shop Seditionaries on the King's Road, and put together/managed the Sex Pistols...

This is exactly what I would have expected Mr Corre to do in the circumstances

StarSparkle

I wonder why he hasn't gone into F1 racing like his dad then.

forget the perfume his online store is a right royal treat for the lads :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Lads?

I love that website, and I've never been a lad. :hihi:

Their undies are top quality though..

I don't think he's doing it to promote his underwear collection as it's probably one of the most popular underwear brands in the country and has been name checked by tons of celebrities over the years. Also his mother is Vivienne Westwood so he could just use her name to get publicity.

Christ, I love Agent Provocateur, wish I could afford it thought, pfft.

what a scary thought, the queen in agent provacateur undies....now i know how dirty jabberwocky feels all the time! :gag::help::gag:

x

;) the queen would be in Rigby and Peller's corsetry, not AP's. ;)

:lol:

;) the queen would be in Rigby and Peller's corsetry, not AP's. ;)

:lol:

oh yes, her maj prefers the mono-boob look to peek-a-boo bras! :hihi:

x

This guy Joseph Corre, the boss of Agent Provocateur has decided to knock his MBE back for the reasons stated. I must be out of touch in that I've never heard of him or his business before

The wonderful Boris Johnson has just referred to him as "some pants merchant" you are in good company Darbees.