Hen and Chicken pub shut down???

The Hen & Chicks was one of the few places in the city centre that had short term temporary accommodation for homeless people. I wonder why its closed now?

It may be that the public bar has closed, but not the whole operation. To be honest though, I don't know.

What about people who just want to go out for a quiet drink or a NICE MEAL AND DON'T WANT TO encounter druggies of any description. Don't they deserve any consideration?

None whatsoever. Surely everyone indulges in some form of drug?

I agree whole heartedly! and I'm sure the owner of the Market Tavern felt that way one day. I hope you can carry on running your pub as a chav free zone and as I said earlier, good luck!

Actually thinking about it these so called real troublespot pubs in town and in other areas have been known to be run by people who are actually sympathetic to the clients they attract......dont know who runs the Hen and Chicken but the Cannon certainly had has a share of 'dodgy' owners over the years....and I know of a few out of town 'problem' pubs run by shall we say not exactly law abiding or decent citizens......

LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE....thats the root cause.

Can I just add its unconfirmed that the Hen and Chicken is closed down.....I just heard that it was shut on Monday.....no one has confirmed any more and not been down there to have a look......

What about people who just want to go out for a quiet drink or a NICE MEAL AND DON'T WANT TO encounter druggies of any description. Don't they deserve any consideration?

of course, in our city of sheffield there is enough people with different habits and attitudes for there to be 100's of eating only, alcohol only, alcohol and eating, alcohol and tobacco, eating and tobacco venues, there is demand for 10's of cannabis only, smoking only, cannabis and food, alcohol smoking and food venues, and the odd few crack dens and maybe a couple of cannabis pubs to run throughout the day.

im not going to comment on venues which run throughout the night as most of the patrons are under the influence of stimulants anyway be it coffee, quat, speed or coke.

i think everyone deserves to be allowed to partake in something they wish if it doesn't impact massively on others. everyone is different, yet they are encouraged to be the same and all i see of it is people holding contempt for others.

Last time I went in your pub it wasn't much better! Fair enough not 'chav scum' as you put it, but enough make up to scare anyone off!:hihi:

Good pint mind..

make up? Must have been a goth night....how long ago were you last in?

Yeah but the coke heads in the posh pubs act a little different to the crack heads in the sh*te holes!

but for good reason, a coke head in a posh pub can easily afford powder at £50 a gram along with his bills for his shelter food warmth and transport, a jobless homeless crack head struggles to affford any of the above.

make up? Must have been a goth night....how long ago were you last in?

I'm talkin a few years! just had a look at the website, might pop in for a pint sometime. you look a friendly bunch:)

Can I just add its unconfirmed that the Hen and Chicken is closed down.....I just heard that it was shut on Monday.....no one has confirmed any more and not been down there to have a look......
Confirmed....its got steel shutters on it :D

does anybody know why it has closed? maybe because of a lack of punters?

i was happy to go in both the cannon and hen n chicks when the dealing was taking place on the streets but after the cannon closing and the congregating on the alley i wasn't interested in the hen n chicks.

how long before they both get knocked down and turned into flats :hihi:

but for good reason, a coke head in a posh pub can easily afford powder at £50 a gram along with his bills for his shelter food warmth and transport, a jobless homeless crack head struggles to affford any of the above.

£50 a gram??? must be good stuff he's plying his nose with!

exact same post was posted 15/06/2007,check thread for more info,,..BIT SLOW THERE MAX...