TV Adverts That Really Get To You !!!

How about CONFUUUUUUUSED.COM ............urge to kill rising!!

AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHH - even with the sound OFF that ad drives me into a frenzy!

I've taken to recording more or less all the programmes I watch which have adverts, so I can fast forward through them, some are so annoying I can't even bear them with the sound off.

Now I'm going to be in a mood for the rest of the day - and it's your fault.

Dozy

Read all about her here if you must.

Peptides are amino acids -

/Di/peptides are peptides that contain two amino acids;

/Penta/peptides are peptides that contain five amino acids;

Quite how rubbing amino acids into your skin is supposed to do you any good is anyone's guess. Probably your best bet would be to smear yourself with mayonnaise, or (as I've read somewhere on the 'net) pile cream. (It's alleged that anti-ageing creams just are pile cream re-branded, pile cream being used to stretch the skin).

Boswellox is another ridiculous made-up advertising term. Ironically enough it's gone down in the online Urban dictionary as "a pile of c**p", as in "you don't half talk Boswellox".

"age re-perfect pro-tensium"'s another stupid, stupid, stupid, bang your head against the wall term. In fact anything with the prefix "pro-" in it gets me dancing round the room with apoplexy - pro-vitamin B5 (WTF is that, does it even mean anything? How is it 'pro-vitamin' then? Does it go on rallies supporting B5 or something?), pro-retinol-A (just eat more foods with retinol (vitamin A - go look it up on wikipedia) - in them - you wouldn't rub vegetables into your skin because it's a stupid way to up your vitamin intake).

And don't get me started on that bloody BT Broadband advert with what's his face from "My Family": If he tries to show me how (IMO overpriced) BT Broadband can give you the perfect life once more I'll probably try and strangle the local exchange with a cable made from old phone cord. (Yes, I know I can't actually do this - apoplexy knows no sense).

Brilliant rant - 10 out of 10. :banana::clap::headbang::banana::clap::headbang:

Dozy

The friggin' "Sheilas Wheels" advert gets right on my nerves ..!!!

Col ..

Not solely for the irritating jingle belted out by a trio of warbling bints - and laterly members of the great unwashed - but for the dodgy editing which shows the trio in their pink caddie without a driver and then in the next cut a sodding kangaroo driving the car!

Sloppy, irritating and makes me want to take a hatchet to the telly :(

ok - the one that's annoying me at the moment (and it's only because i don't understand it) is the BT one....

.... the bloke from "My family & Love Actually" is stood in the middle of a house party when a good looking girl walks up to him - he then tries to chat her up by talking about the home broadband wireless phone or some cr@p -.. what I don't understand is the fact that the previous BT adds have created a story where he is getting married to some women who has 2 kids - and she happens to be in the back ground of this ad"

I don't get it - is he still with her and trying to pull this bird on the sly? SOMEONE TELL ME!!!

-----------

Others:

AA Insurance adverts

E-sure with Mr. F-ing Winner

The ones that offer to buy your house for 50% the market value, rent it back to you at £1k a month, and somehow make you financially better off!

For me its that picture loans advert !!!!:rant: :rant: :rant: if i hear that sodding geordie bird say "joe yer dads found ya skoo ah" agian they are gonna get a bill for a brand new 28" flatscreen:rant: :rant: makes my blood boil

I hate this one aswell!! :rant:

I used to hate the other one, with the man, but I hate the woman one EVEN more!!!!!!!

Annoying advert mega thread here.

Can't disagree with you about the Picture Loans adverts. I have to walk out, or turn it off. It's that, or I'd have no windows on a regular basis.

Wow 2003 threads :D :D :D mmmmmmmm retro niiiiiiiice:hihi:

ok - the one that's annoying me at the moment (and it's only because i don't understand it) is the BT one....

.... the bloke from "My family & Love Actually" is stood in the middle of a house party when a good looking girl walks up to him - he then tries to chat her up by talking about the home broadband wireless phone or some cr@p -.. what I don't understand is the fact that the previous BT adds have created a story where he is getting married to some women who has 2 kids - and she happens to be in the back ground of this ad"

I don't get it - is he still with her and trying to pull this bird on the sly? SOMEONE TELL ME!!!

-----------

Others:

AA Insurance adverts

E-sure with Mr. F-ing Winner

The ones that offer to buy your house for 50% the market value, rent it back to you at £1k a month, and somehow make you financially better off!

I don't think he is trying to pull her, it's just awkward chat. His wife is in the background and she just giggles at him.

Wow 2003 threads :D :D :D mmmmmmmm retro niiiiiiiice:hihi:

It is 25 pages long! Last post, last month I think ..........

Hello, Norton Finance, can I help?

I doubt it. They also only have four customers, and the one adviser.

Hello, Norton Finance, can I help?

Grrrrrrrr.

"Hi, Are you a fiscal incompetent and unable to manage the relatively simple equation of incoming money must always be greater than one's outgoings in order to maintain a life style free from burly men knocking on your door? Have you no concept of financial responsibility and think that you can rack up debt willy nilly? Have you the mental capacity of a weevil?

Then Norton may be able to help you; With our unique payment plan which involves you signing over your immortal soul and your children's kidneys you can regain control of your pathetic fiscally devoid life."

Your home may be at risk? Worry about you child's major organs you spend happy buffoon!