Ex Waltheof School pupils

Just found a site that may interest you or anyone else for our era. Pics of two reunions - http://www.katemoss.btinternet.co.uk

Looks like Neils site (Neil Rodgers) another top bloke.

Karen Hunt was the Head Girl with Wendy Fleetwood as Deputy. Take your pick :)

Karen Hunt was the Head Girl with Wendy Fleetwood as Deputy. Take your pick :)

It was karen hunt, long dark hair.The other one was a blonde lass i remember now.I asked her out years ago and i didnt turn up.:confused:

Just found a site that may interest you or anyone else for our era. Pics of two reunions - http://www.katemoss.btinternet.co.uk

Looks like Neils site (Neil Rodgers) another top bloke.

Cherrs pal, some more old faces,Tony kirton and John hall "horlicks".:thumbsup:

You missed out there mate. Wendy was some catch as I recall :)

It was karen hunt, long dark hair.The other one was a blonde lass i remember now.I asked her out years ago and i didnt turn up.:confused:

You missed out there mate. Wendy was some catch as I recall :)

Isaw here in town a while ago and she still looked nice.Married and living on richmond.Carl shutts lad is down at my house now and again he boozes with my son and is his dads double

HI, I was there from 64 to 69 and the teacher that lived in Darnall was Mr Dennis Cooper I was in his class and boy was he scarey when he gave you the stick he would take a short run and jump up and come down with the hardest wack of a stick I have ever had

You must be thinking of Mr.Cooper,he lived down that way.I remember some lads filling a baloon with paint and going past his house on a bus (71) and throwing it out of the upstairs window onto his car,got the roof,windscreen and bonnet.I remember the tale about him bashing someones head on the wall,near the lightswitch by the door.I did know Cooper kept a lot of pills in his desk drawer for his nerves,but then again,when he was teaching us,it was us that needed them.

Hi I was in mr coopers class in 65 and I sat at the front and whe he summond me I had to run to mrs couldwells class to fetch him a glass of cold water so he could take his pills

Havn't seen Carl Shutt since he scored for Bristol City against the Blades in 1988 in the 2nd division play off - sending us to Division 3 - ******* :)

Not a bad kid at school though :)

Isaw here in town a while ago and she still looked nice.Married and living on richmond.Carl shutts lad is down at my house now and again he boozes with my son and is his dads double

Hi and Welcome to the Forum pink floyd.:wave: I was at Waltheof the same time as you, so I remember Mr Cooper well. Although he was prone to violent outbursts, he did strike me as a rather sad person with definite health problems. I dont believe he was the worst offender though, Ben Holland could be evil at times, Matt Marshall was a sneaky sod, even "Pop" was prone to violent outbursts. Luckily, we did have some decent teachers to offset the nasty ones, like Mr Mawson and Howard Smith. Do you remember Mr Altass, who took us for Metalwork? He used to hit us on the elbow with a file for no reason!

Hi and Welcome to the Forum pink floyd.:wave: I was at Waltheof the same time as you, so I remember Mr Cooper well. Although he was prone to violent outbursts, he did strike me as a rather sad person with definite health problems. I dont believe he was the worst offender though, Ben Holland could be evil at times, Matt Marshall was a sneaky sod, even "Pop" was prone to violent outbursts. Luckily, we did have some decent teachers to offset the nasty ones, like Mr Mawson and Howard Smith. Do you remember Mr Altass, who took us for Metalwork? He used to hit us on the elbow with a file for no reason!

Hi Sweetcheeks I left in 69 maybe you were in my year. Yes I do remember Mr Altass German he was used to call everyone me little coffdrop. Do you remember Mr Hewitt the History teacher? Lurch we called him because he resembled Lurch from the Addams Family.

Poor old Frank Hewitt! I felt so sorry for him, he tried to teach us History and failed! He could not control the class and it degenerated into a farce. Having said that, after Howard Smith`s super teaching, Lurch fell short and even I lost interest...and I loved History. Ben Holland was a swine, considering he was a Churchman. He used to go spare when the Tech Drawing lines were done too thickly, "I could see that line at 50 yards on a foggy night", then he would crack you on the head with a set square.:hihi:

I bumped into Lurch about 4 or 5 years after leaving school I was in my final year at Shirecliffe collage , he was teaching there at nightschool , he couldnt beleve how well I had done especially as I was one of the disruptive ones in his class that he couldnt control. During the mid 80's I was working for the council and my job as a plumber was to maintain several schools in the city one being Waltheof, it was great to go back there again and meet up with several teachers one of which was Lurch. Pop was still there then and it felt strange for him to take me into the science room to show me which gas taps needed replacing because he no sooner knocked on the door and walked in and everyone immediatly stood up! couldnt believe they still did that