Ex Waltheof School pupils

a few of the names ring a bell i am trying to locate susan hague on her post it says she now lives in scotland she was my best mate at school do you remember lynn ford sandra bower where did you live i lived on irving street darnall

A few more names,Florence Barker,Margaret Stocker,Joyce Hogg, Martin Hodkin.

We lived on Basford,same side as the Ball Inn one of the the detached houses then we moved to Richmond at the side of the park

Looking back after all this time I was at Waltheof for about eighteen months over a two year period,but at the time it seemed like ages.

I started in Marshalls class then Sarson then Battersby then out the door to Stradbrook (City Grammar)

hi there afriend of mine lived on basford street beverley foster i was there when miss sarson was she was a bitch with myself and my mates how old are you if you dont mind me asking i am 61 years young

hi there afriend of mine lived on basford street beverley foster i was there when miss sarson was she was a bitch with myself and my mates how old are you if you dont mind me asking i am 61 years young

I am 62 birthday end of July also end of school year so I was always a year behind.

I had Sarson worked out and luckily I had a double-barrel name so she thought I was from a snobbish family.

She was a real snob and always did her shopping in Walsh's, so I dropped it out that we had just returned from London where we had been to Harrods and Selfridges and had the paper carrier bags to prove it!Boy! Was she impressed when I gave them to her.

We once had to do Shaws' Pygmalion as part of English Lit.

Of course she took the role of Eliza Doolittle,but I had the role of Henry Higgins!Not having a Sheffield accent had its good sides now and then.Boardering on teachers pet.

It was astonishing the amount of cruelty that was a daily occurrance at that place.I once saw Sarson slap one of the fourth year girls across the face for something really trivial.

Good and bad days!

Edited by CF8M
grammar

hi there if you lived on basford street do you know my mate beverley foster miss sarson was a bitch she picked on me every day head master was postleswaite excuse spelling what is time difference where you are

hi there if you lived on basford street do you know my mate beverley foster miss sarson was a bitch she picked on me every day head master was postleswaite excuse spelling what is time difference where you are

When we moved to Sheffield we were on Basford for a short time before moving to Richmond,so I did not really get to know anyone around us and sorry I did not know Beverly.

We knew people over the back of us on Darnall Drive,the Monks family and the Ketterings.

Right now we are ten hours in front of you,but next week when your clocks go back we shall be eleven hours in front.So mid-day here will be 1 am in Sheffield.

hi keith just got your messagethanks for letting me know time difference is there any other ways of finding people on net i am not very good on computer yet

hi keith just got your messagethanks for letting me know time difference is there any other ways of finding people on net i am not very good on computer yet[/QU

You could try Facebook or Friends reunited

hi linda i think i remember you my name is pat grayson i used to be best mates with susan hague i have been trying to locate her but have had no luck

hi hillary i think i remember you i am pat grayson susan was my best mate at school i have been trying to trace her but had no luck yet

hi hilary i have seen you on sheffield forum you said you new susan hague she was my best mate at school my name is pat grayson i dont know if you know me or not i have been trying to locate susan but had no luck yet bye for now

stewpot54 i remember roger and jeff my mate susan hague lived on the same road as them i have been trying to locate her but had no luck yet did you live in darnall i lived on irving street my dad used to work at the meadow pub and the wellington

hi, i left in 77 and too have great memories. My favourite teacher from this period was the music teacher who had hs class in the terrapin buildings across the yard once did an imprimtu(mr evans i think his name was). He used to allow me and my mates to play the guitars at lunch times..we once did a small gig at one of the summer fairs and some nice person decided to slice throught all my electric guitar strings with a stanly knife during the interval. I didnt think we were that bad..lol.. I ended up being head boy which was no major feat considering where i was brought up. When my kids were younger for some reason i took them to have a look around the school grounds one weekend the very next week it was burned down....

My close mates back then were, doug haig, mick garvey, brian headford, neil elliot, kev fiander, kev critchley, most of whome i still see and keep intouch although i now live in dubai.. I went out with anne faram at the time but we havent spoken since the 5th year whe we broke up. First loves always leave a lasting impression..paul fletcher

hiya fletch fancy finding you on here hey do you remember the bands name ... Circular 4 ... Ha! I have checked out some of the posts on here but there are only a couple of people i recognise i bet most of our year are probably dead ... Ha! I also read that pop was still kicking around well last year anyway ... Top bloke really and i suppose most of them were just takes time for you to realise.anyway i'll send jules a message telling her i've been on here then you can look it up ... Bit like back to the future.oh yes and dougs back soon from portugal might be having him doing some work for us if all goes well.speak soon ... Mikey g