Ex Waltheof School pupils

Hi

i remember old vinegar knickers very well (miss sarson). She was forever telling us girls off for wearing earrings or the wrong colour tights. I also remember Miss Beckett our english lit teacher, her first name was Drucilla and us girls never let her forget it. I also remember a female P.E teacher but can't remember her name.

Hi Caz1, Thanks for the Miss Beckett, I remember her now! Your female PE teacher`s name escapes me too, but I bet Mr Ransom knows it...he was always in her little office by the side of the Changing Rooms near the Gym!::heyhey: Again, apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick again. Nice to hear from you!

Sweetcheeks,

I was there from 67-72. I remember all these teachers. Also Miss Sarson, DW Smith, Mr Battersby, Miss Batty, Mr Rawlings, (they married each other) Who was the teacher that lived in Darnall on Darnall Main Rd right before it turned into Staniforth Rd? He hated black kids. He once got Linval Madden and used him like a battering ram and rammed his head into the wall in the classroom. putting a hole in it.

You must be thinking of Mr.Cooper,he lived down that way.I remember some lads filling a baloon with paint and going past his house on a bus (71) and throwing it out of the upstairs window onto his car,got the roof,windscreen and bonnet.I remember the tale about him bashing someones head on the wall,near the lightswitch by the door.I did know Cooper kept a lot of pills in his desk drawer for his nerves,but then again,when he was teaching us,it was us that needed them.

was anyone there when gardiner started??

Hi Caz1, Thanks for the Miss Beckett, I remember her now! Your female PE teacher`s name escapes me too, but I bet Mr Ransom knows it...he was always in her little office by the side of the Changing Rooms near the Gym!::heyhey:

I have been thinking Sweetcheeks and have come up with the name miss atkins for the p.e teacher. However there were two female P.E teachers one quite glamerous and the other with the physique of a female shot putter. Also there were rumours that Miss Beckett and the english teacher were having an affair but i can't remember the english teachers name. It wasn't mr wilson though he was the older one. Does anyone remember mr booth the biology teacher. he was quite dishy and most of us had a crush on him.

I have been thinking Sweetcheeks and have come up with the name miss atkins for the p.e teacher. However there were two female P.E teachers one quite glamerous and the other with the physique of a female shot putter. Also there were rumours that Miss Beckett and the english teacher were having an affair but i can't remember the english teachers name. It wasn't mr wilson though he was the older one. Does anyone remember mr booth the biology teacher. he was quite dishy and most of us had a crush on him.

Hi Caz1, I dont remember Miss Atkins and it certainly wasn`t the "shot putter". I left in 1970 so she may have gone even before that date. I dont know Mr Booth and I definitely didnt have a crush on him!:hihi: The only english teachers I remember were Mr Wilson and Mr Battersby, somehow I dont think Miss Beckett would be drooling over those two, although you never know!:gag:

Was one of the PE teachers named Miss Metcalfe??

Was one of the PE teachers named Miss Metcalfe??

Hi sasky 1, that name does ring a bell. This P.E. Teacher was quite an attractive lady and it was no wonder Mr Ransom enjoyed her company, not that I am insinuating anything.:blush:

Who was the male PE teacher who also taught French & English? (iirc) during the late 1970s.

In the late 70s there was a teacher who did english and girls pe. I think her name was miss grainy and she was extremley fit.:thumbsup:

Who was the male PE teacher who also taught French & English? (iirc) during the late 1970s.

Hi, there was a french teacher called mr winter who i think also taught PE for the boys. He was quite young and thought he was Gods gift.

Hi, there was a french teacher called mr winter who i think also taught PE for the boys. He was quite young and thought he was Gods gift.

:thumbsup: That name sounds familiar