Ex Waltheof School pupils

I am glad I saw this thread. I was hoping to find pupils from Waltheof from the early days. My class was the first class Lined up outside Waltheof on the first day it opened 45 yrs ago. I was the first in line and felt very proud of my new uniform, Our class designed the Torch the Badge of the school. The teachers were very strict, Some very sadistic, so much so, If they were to be named today they would face charges. Postlethwaite was the headmaster then He ruled with a cane that hurt. Marshall was the deputy head. He used to hide round corners then give us a caning for walking on the wrong side of the corridor. Grundy, Holland big fat and smelly. He was the RE teacher. I miss those days despite the abuse that used to happen at that school. I shed a tear though when scum bags set fire to the school. I left school in 1961. I recall all my school days. Maybe some of that discipline should return. I have wandered what has happened to a Mr. Saxon. He was head of Whitby Road School. That was the feeder school for Waltheof when I was there. Mr. Saxon was a very nice bloke. Very understanding. Also a Mr. Edwards. He may have passed on he was very ill. Sorry. I could go on forever about Waltheof.
mister Edwards was also a teacher at my school darnall church sadly he died many years ago did you know any of the drivers ?

The teacher was Cooper, i was in his class and was best mates with Linvals brother Albert. He once hung Albert out of the tower block window, Cooper was a Nazi and also a magistrate. I lived at the bottom of Pipworth Rd till the estate was pulled down :(

Paul.

Hi finchy S remembers tower block incident with Albert madden, Cooper was a bully, i lived on hastilar rd just around from tony lee., lenny dakin must have lived near you in cops houses near the woods, lenny became a v good boxer in navy won several titles has i remember, happy days !!!

Alan green stephen lee, len dakin, peg pearce, lesley wilcox jane leavsley, ive forgotten most of the characters at school oops kim blagdon where they all now i`m in Ireland where are you all?:love::help:

I remember Cooper ramming Alberts head into the wall and putting a dint in the plaster but I thought it was Dave Stocker that was hung over the balcony and Mr Rawson the maths teacher stopping it.

Lenny Dakin was a smashing lad.

Do you remember playing footy in the little yard at Pipworth after school.

Looked at the picture Biggsy and the faces are familiar, sometimes difficult putting names to them 40 odd tears later.

Think u r right about Albert, Bob briggs good footballer, bit thick me n Lenny were mates through school lost touch when he went into navy, ran into him years later collecting glasses in the blue anchor Ingodmelds ? he was onthe run went awol on his second contract ploncker! lost all his pension he must have had 12 or 13years service i ca`nt remember half the names we had a laugh a minute though would`nt change it ever!!

oooooooooo

Edited by CurbarEdge
Change of mind

Hi, I know you - you tried to go out with me lol - think we had 1 date

hi, hope you are ok, sounds like I must have been out of my depth with you, took me along time to grow up , I would love to known who you are ? not many people have got back to me who I new, I must have been bad them days but enjoyed them

morning - sorry i have never been on a forum so not sure how it works - thought i had replied to John Biggs - thats who i went out with all be it very briefly - i left school in 75 - regards Z

Was amusing reading through this thread I left Waltheof in 1968 and my last form teacher was the deputy head Mr marshall . Have some fond memories of being in that school . Anyone else on here go there between 1964 - 68 . Love to hear from you if you did :)

I was a pupil at waltheof from 1973-77 Remember mr cooper very well was my form teacher at one stage made us sit in alphabetical order and because my surname began with a Y i had to sit on my own :( remember being told bout the hanging out the window incident horrible little man :loopy:

morning - sorry i have never been on a forum so not sure how it works - thought i had replied to John Biggs - thats who i went out with all be it very briefly - i left school in 75 - regards Z

You must have been in the year below me as I left in '74

I'm sorry but i'm not sure who you are, (Galloping senility on my part :hihi: )

Cheers :)

---------- Post added 14-12-2013 at 23:12 ----------

It's just come back to me when I saw 'regards Z'

How've you been keeping Zai?, OK I hope :thumbsup:

John :)