Ex Waltheof School pupils

There were several Fletchers at Waltheof when I was there. However Mr. Grundy was the Geography teacher at that time. Mr. Postlethwaite was the headmaster. Mr. Marshall ( sadist ) was the deputy headmaster.. I recall Grundy. He was also a nasty man at that time. He used to live on Staniforth Road, Above the D.I.Y store. Many teachers were nasty, but then it was an occupation that attracted child abusers.

Mr. Marshall ( sadist ) was the deputy headmaster. Many teachers were nasty, but then it was an occupation that attracted child abusers.

While Mr Marshal was a frightening character I always found him to be fair,

yes the cane did hurt but we deserved it and it never did me any harm.

My wife may disagree as she is getting a little cheesed off with me dressing

up as a schooldboy and administering six off the best. :hihi: :hihi:

As for Mr Marshall, at least he did not leave me scarred for life unlike mental midget Ranson. :suspect:

i left in 1990,i think.Mrs Hall & Mr Smith were my year tutors,whos were yours?

:) i left watheof 1991-92 i might have known you,i knew a few people in that year,i remember samantha wood jason wild dougie hall quite a lot of people really,might remember you,my name is linda whats yours

I remember Mr Postlethwaite was a gentleman, a headmaster in a million. I also remember Mr Marshall, very scary! People I remember, the Hubbard twins, good friends of mine and being to try to get in touch. Also Lorna Porter, Leigh Flanagan, Kath Leonard. Also remember for some reason, Phillip Toyne! Anyone remember me or my sis, who was younger than me, Marie and Denise Mollart?

hiya

i left in 78 but i don't recognise any of those names i'm afraid..i remember Evelyn Drabble, Julie Fletcher, Mark Pashley, Carl Vernals? Mel Sterland, Michelle Pemberton. Teachers i remember are Mrs Becket, Mr Griffiths and Mr Postlethwaite was the head.

Hi Mark P here :)

Hi. Just spent a happy hour reading these messages, found purely by chance. Nice to be remembered too. I knew most of the people on here around this time and remember Gillian Mercer very well. Can only remember her having one sister though (Beverley). Happy days :) Mark. P

BTW Mr Marshall (Matt) was a top bloke

Anyone who remembers me and fancies a chat please pm me.

Yes i remember the Annexe well. There was talk it was haunted and it did feel very creepy. We did domestic science, needlework and maths..i hated the annexe.

Hi CAZ1 - I went to Waltheof and left in May 1985. I remember going to the annex on a monday. Used to have a laugh and sit telling ghost stories at lunch time in the yard! Then, we'd go back in egging each other on that the building was haunted! Them were the days. The teachers I remember were, Mrs Smith(D.head) Mr Wing(biology)Mr Baveljar(maths)Mr Ellis (P.E)Miss Atkins(P.E)Miss Graney(P.E) and many more that I can see but cant put a name to (must be my age!)

I have been thinking Sweetcheeks and have come up with the name miss atkins for the p.e teacher. However there were two female P.E teachers one quite glamerous and the other with the physique of a female shot putter. Also there were rumours that Miss Beckett and the english teacher were having an affair but i can't remember the english teachers name. It wasn't mr wilson though he was the older one. Does anyone remember mr booth the biology teacher. he was quite dishy and most of us had a crush on him.

The English teacher was called Mr Perrin (Reggie) and she later married him

Susan I don't know if you remember me but I was at Waltheof during the first two years it was opened.

Hi. The PE teacher was Miss Grainey. Very nice too :)

The English teacher was called Mr Perrin (Reggie) and she later married him

Hi. The PE teacher was Miss Grainey. Very nice too :)

Had a massive crush on her in the late 70s. She had the lads for english sometimes and was very nice:thumbsup: