Ex Waltheof School pupils

put my name down alison

cheers

mark;) ;)

could have just called into shop and told me mark lol ask about as well for me and ill make a list and phone thorpy up and tell him ill keep you posted through the shop cheers mark alli

could have just called into shop and told me mark lol ask about as well for me and ill make a list and phone thorpy up and tell him ill keep you posted through the shop cheers mark alli

oky doky skip. will do.

:hihi:

I went to Walthoef 1975 - 1979. I would love to hear from anyone who was there at the same time. Just PM me - I look forward to chatting.

:)

I was there at same time.I remember a sexy chemistry teacher[forgot her name], economics teacher Mr Evans[honeymonster],POP [Headmaster]and my last form teacher Mr Hewitt who taught history. In that class I remember names like Trevor Darien,John clayton,Glynn Jarrett. I remember Johnny Driver as being a hardcase and I remember playing football with Mel Sterland on Mather road fields.

I was at Waltheof from 1964 to 1970. There were some good teachers there at the time, Mr Mawson, Mr Edwards, Mr Wilson, Mr Battersby and Mr Howard Smith. However, there were a few "nasties" who would use punishment when it wasn`t required. Anyone remember Mr R Smith, who taught French? He used to run from the corridor in order to build up momentum when using the slipper.:gag: Incredibly painful simply watching! Mr Marshall and "Pop" were just disciplinarians.."Keep to the Right!": I still have trouble in the Asda, as I veer over to the checkout before I have bought anything!:hihi:

did any go there more recently? i left in 2004 and my bloke left in 2000 , ??

Sweetcheeks,

I was there from 67-72. I remember all these teachers. Also Miss Sarson, DW Smith, Mr Battersby, Miss Batty, Mr Rawlings, (they married each other) Who was the teacher that lived in Darnall on Darnall Main Rd right before it turned into Staniforth Rd? He hated black kids. He once got Linval Madden and used him like a battering ram and rammed his head into the wall in the classroom. putting a hole in it.

There was also a very tall Physics teacher that we called Lurch(as in the Adams family) He was dark & ugly. When you messed around, he would pick you up by the scruff of your collar with one hand and plonk you in the hall.

We had to go to the Darnall Annex building to do Domestic science, and if you talked you got locked it the pantry with the mice and NO light

Ohhhhhh the good ol days

Sweetcheeks,

I was there from 67-72. I remember all these teachers. Also Miss Sarson, DW Smith, Mr Battersby, Miss Batty, Mr Rawlings, (they married each other) Who was the teacher that lived in Darnall on Darnall Main Rd right before it turned into Staniforth Rd? He hated black kids. He once got Linval Madden and used him like a battering ram and rammed his head into the wall in the classroom. putting a hole in it.

Hi exhatter. I lived on Darnall Main Road, at the bottom end of Handsworth Hill. Don`t remember any teacher living nearby, although Mr Cooper lived somewhere near Staniforth Road. He was a bit nutty and I believe he had a breakdown at some stage of his career, if this is wrong....I apologise!:blush: As for "Lurch", a.k.a. Mr Frank Hewitt, he taught History when I was there but could never control the class, he used to twitch his shoulders and neck, losing his temper. I felt rather sorry for him, he tried his best but the kids simply did not fear him and took advantage. Not that I did!:D

Our class at Whitby Road designed the Waltheof Badge. We were the first pupils to enter the school when it was built. Mr Holland the R.E teacher took us there. He was a sadistic man, Then we had Grundy, He lived on Staniforth Road at that time also. He lived above the DIY shop. Mr Postlethwaite the headmaster was a very good man. We need heads like him today,. But on the other side of the coin, There was Mr. Marshall the deputy head. He was the most cruel teacher ever to teach. He would wait round the corners of the corridors. If he caught you walking on the wrong side of the corridor then woe betide you. That man was evil, If some of those teachers were alive today, They would be facing serious charges in Court. Those were the days when we had little protection as kids. But now we have gone the other way, There is no discipline at all in schools. I would have loved to see a re-union at Waltheof, Pity no-one could have organized this.

We had to go to the Darnall Annex building to do Domestic science, and if you talked you got locked it the pantry with the mice and NO light

Ohhhhhh the good ol days

Yes i remember the Annexe well. There was talk it was haunted and it did feel very creepy. We did domestic science, needlework and maths..i hated the annexe.

Sweetcheeks,

After spending the night reminiscing about Waltheof I have listed the teachers who were there during my incarceration. I hope it brings back some good and bad memories for all Wally-off`s: Mr`s Cooper, Beckwith, Mawson, Dale, Marshall, Edwards, Wilson, Curtois, H.Smith, R.Smith, Grundy, Hewitt, Salt, Altass, Holland, Barnes, Battersby, Shipley, Ransom and Pop Postlethwaite. Miss Sarson and Mrs Furniss are the only female teachers I can remember, although we did have others. I must dig out my School Reports and try to find others not listed. I wish someone had photographs of the school before the fire destroyed all but the Tower block. Now even that will bite the dust shortly and all our memories of the school will have been obliterated.:sad:

Miss Sarson and Mrs Furniss are the only female teachers I can remember, although we did have others. I must dig out my School Reports and try to find others not listed. I wish someone had photographs of the school before the fire destroyed all but the Tower block. Now even that will bite the dust shortly and all our memories of the school will have been obliterated.:sad:

Hi

i remember old vinegar knickers very well (miss sarson). She was forever telling us girls off for wearing earrings or the wrong colour tights. I also remember Miss Beckett our english lit teacher, her first name was Drucilla and us girls never let her forget it. I also remember a female P.E teacher but can't remember her name.