Ex Waltheof School pupils

can anyone help im trying to locate billy bradley watheof circa 66-69 lived on manor park

hi lorraine ive just joined the forum,i was in your class 4/1 david beresford

i went to waltheof when pop was headmaster left in 77 lived on harborough avenue my name then was lynda davis

hiya

i left in 78 but i don't recognise any of those names i'm afraid..i remember Evelyn Drabble, Julie Fletcher, Mark Pashley, Carl Vernals? Mel Sterland, Michelle Pemberton. Teachers i remember are Mrs Becket, Mr Griffiths and Mr Postlethwaite was the head.[/QUjulie fletcher was in my year my name was lynda davis from manor park

i went to waltheof school .left in 66 . the names stephen france . waltheof had some good teachers like pop he was a gentleman . then they were some sadistic bas...ds like ben holland and marshall .cooper .i could go on but i wont . i had 20 of the cane in one day and all before 2.00 .is that a record wich still stands ,

I know Shaun O'Brien well, we were good friends back in the day :) I don't recall the twins, but do remember Brent Hudson. Wendy Humpries only had an older sister, no younger brother, and she is still a good friend of my sisters :) Other names that come to mind : Derek Milner, Trevor Milne, Vincent Cotton *I had quite the crush on that fella, Lol*, Beverley Overend. Do you recall June Knowles, she dated Nigel Taylor? She was such a sweet girl, and she died of ovarian cancer when she was 15. What about David Blagdon... he was swooned over by many a girl too, remember him! In my year, and the year above me, some of the names I recall are ; twins Wendy & Gayle Hubbard, twins Carole and Andrew Fuller, Jane Furniss, Frank Sutcliffe, Mark Christian, Julie Bates, Glynn Dent, Chris Shaw, Graham Isely, Brian Wilson, Paul Martin, Patricia Martin, Alison Taylor, Betsy Smith, Paul Stone, John Clarke and his brother Robert, Gillian Burton ... and if anyone has any idea where I might find Andrew Foster, I'd appreciate the info :)

... gee.... It's all coming back to me now!!

I've only just read this post and realise it's a long shot after all this time but i am Nigel Taylor as mentioned above and i remember June knowles well.she was a lovely girl and would have blossomed into a beautiful woman,it's very sad her life was cut so short.I also remember the other people mentioned,wendy humphries,beverely overend,trevor milne,vincent cotton and Derek milner who i still see as we both watch the blades and go out for a drink now and then.I saw a lot of my school mates at Ray Burtons funeral (RIP Ray a big happy funny bloke) and we all promised we would keep in touch but because of the lives we lead this hasn't happened.I hope this post stirrs memories up for some out there

i went to waltheof school .left in 66 . the names stephen france . waltheof had some good teachers like pop he was a gentleman . then they were some sadistic bas...ds like ben holland and marshall .cooper .i could go on but i wont . i had 20 of the cane in one day and all before 2.00 .is that a record wich still stands ,

Hi I too remember pop as a great headteacher . I left Waltheof about 1968 and I was in 4/1 and Mr Marshall was our form teacher , had some good laughs after breaks and dinner times when pupils were lined up outside the classroom waiting for the stick , but to be honest being one of his class was brilliant wehad a right laugh with him . Now Ben Holland was a different kind of person didn't like him at all . Think my boyfriend of the time could beat you for the stick ( now my husband 41 years ) he received it every day for smoking or fighting :hihi:

I remember the Pask Family I lived down the road from them in Frederick Street I hung about with Goerge ,Trevor, Jeff and Susan Buster pask was the oldest and Roger I think was the second eldest.

Hi I think it was jeff that died about 6 months ago in skegness, are you related to carol hague ? I also know pat and mick greyson mick started in brown bayleys rolling mill with me he's just 2 or 3 younger than me

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 22:36 ----------

Did anyone go up to waltheof from darnall church school ?

does anyone remember p e teacher at waltheof around 1964 he was a sadistic bloke we were in the gym doing p e when he asked for a volenteer the swine picked me he made me lie down on a matt and then told me he was going to drop a medicine ball on my stomach the silly sod nearly killed me if he did it these days he would be on an assult charge also dropped a pencil when doing technical drawing ben holland the teacher dragged me out of my seat and said that pencil is no good now because all the lead inside was broken i duly got 4 strokes of the cane why do we think our school days were good :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

:roll: I am looking for old school mates that went to waltheof secondary modern I left in 1963/64 if any one remembers me I would like them to contact me to chat about life @ Waltheof and what as happened since you left.

I keep replying but I never get a response.

I do remember you!

Keith Henley-Smith

S Twar

Is who a relation to Harry. If me. Then no I am not. But It would take Harry Houdini to scam off from Waltheof back in the sixties. Any-one recall Mr. Burke. The truant officer that used to drive the Morris 1000. He used to be a right old bas.......d. to say the least. I remember him chasing us through the woods at Bowden Woods. He tied my mate Passy to a tree whilst he ran after the rest of us. He hit one other behind the head. I got away thank god. Can you imagine this happening today.

roger died last year terry roe

I think the Roy is Roy Christian a few other names I remember Ann Neal.Carol Roddis.Alan Burgess.Pauline Hogg.Graham Holman,Keith Richard.Peter Hibbard.

Hi Lyndy

Did Carol Roddis have a sister called Allison??

If so, I went out with her for a short while whilst at Pipworth!!

John :)