Ex Waltheof School pupils

Just found this thread but have not read through it all so apologies for any repetition.

Does any one know the Buttery family? Sonny (Ken) married a girl called Carol, I think her maiden name was white. Also Paul and Jimmy Buttery who had two sisters whose names I cant remember. Sonny and Paul were both very good football players with Sonny playing in the same year as Mel Sterland and Carl Shutt

Sandra Patterson wer in our class.

She were quite nice lookin'

an' a right nice lass.

So were Carol Clark & Jennifer Hamer,

who's dad were a juggler & a lion-tamer.

He weren't really but he had a fruit shop and could juggle a bit.

wi' tomatoes an' stuff.

I just put lion-tamer to mek it rhyme.

A three year stretch at Waltheof did little good to me.

Relief came, when I left the place, in 1963.

Ben Holland, Cooper and old Marshall

Were three of whom I wasn't partial!

-and that's putting it mildly.

Just found this thread but have not read through it all so apologies for any repetition.

Does any one know the Buttery family? Sonny (Ken) married a girl called Carol, I think her maiden name was white. Also Paul and Jimmy Buttery who had two sisters whose names I cant remember. Sonny and Paul were both very good football players with Sonny playing in the same year as Mel Sterland and Carl Shutt

Sonny and his family lived on Beaumont road a few doors away from Mel and his family (opposite where the Lidl shop now stands). I lived around the corner on Desmond Crescent and was in the same year

I went to superb pipworth (best school days ever) before going to the old waltheof in the early 70s, got to be nearest thing to the film kes i have ever seen, cant remember any happy times at all at this miserable cane happy hole back in the 70s

Cant remember any happy times at this gloomy cane happy hole back in the 70s but plenty of good times at pipworth school

Edited by honest john

HI, Whitby road school was a senior school the girls were on the ground floor the boys up stairs. I left whitby road in 1959 a year before Waltheof opened but i still went there, I served your dinners!

i went to walthoef 1975 - 1979. I would love to hear from anyone who was there at the same time. Just pm me - i look forward to chatting.

:)

only thing i can remember about the old waltheof is the cane happy grumpy useless teachers, what a depressing hole that was ,pipworth was loads better

hiya i went 2 waltheof left in 95 i was in mr goodrums and mrs wainwrights form class A1,:love: :love:

I had that class too, Goodrum was a complete tool. Did you hear that rumour he apparently felt one of the girls up in that little room which divided us and the class next door?

Whats your name? Im Michael

My 3 years at Waltheof left few happy memories but thanks for contact, however -

It's unlikely that I'll know you,

As I left in sixty-three.

So no point telling you my name,

As you will not know me,

I didn't know of Wainwright

Nor that old tool, Goodrum

But I knew lots of lasses there

- one could have been your mum!

only joking

Mr Saxon, the headmaster of Whitby Rd School retired to Alford, Lincolnshire, I used to visit him from time to time, he and his wife were lovely. He died a good many years ago now, of a heart attack and his wife Doris died some years later.

hi, this has not really got anything to do with the post but i have noticed wilf foggs name on her :) Im hoping your on bout my grandad (came off woodthorpe) i would really like to hear some stories about him. My grandad was a painter and decorator and had alot of brothers and few sisters and he had 3 children, i hope it is the same wilf