Ex Waltheof School pupils

I went to Waltheof 1973 1977 still getting over it.One humane teacher saved me Mr Wilson.Wrote on my report I could do well in his subject,English.I now teach it.Anyone else got saved by him or others?

Mr Tunnard was the English teacher. I have only come across this site for the first time tonight and it's been brill reading all the comments about Pops, Mr Marshall, Miss Sarson (am I the only one who liked her even though she told me off daily for wearing a purple bra and smelling of BRUT, and having my skirt toooo short). It's brought lots of memories back, and I'm pleased to say mainly good ones. Makes you feel good too:love:

I remember all these people too.I am new to the site and I think I was in the same year.

I went to Waltheof 1973 1977 still getting over it.One humane teacher saved me Mr Wilson.Wrote on my report I could do well in his subject,English.I now teach it.Anyone else got saved by him or others?

Hi

i was at Waltheof 74-79 and remember Mr Wilson fondly. i thought he was a great teacher and i loved English lessons. I was in the middle band of pupils but he thought i should be in the top band and had me moved up. Only downside is i didnt enjoy English lesssons as much with the new teacher.

I might know you.People in my band included Carol White Fred Furness Tracey Skeen.I got on with them well but was bullied badly by girls from other bands.I have got over it though!

ali do you remember the wilcoxs

Hi, I left in 77 and too have great memories. My favourite teacher from this period was the music teacher who had hs class in the terrapin buildings across the yard once did an imprimtu(Mr Evans I think his name was). He used to allow me and my mates to play the guitars at lunch times..We once did a small gig at one of the summer fairs and some nice person decided to slice throught all my electric guitar strings with a stanly knife during the interval. I didnt think we were that bad..lol.. I ended up being head boy which was no major feat considering where I was brought up. When my kids were younger for some reason I took them to have a look around the school grounds one weekend the very next week it was burned down....

My close mates back then were, Doug Haig, Mick Garvey, Brian Headford, Neil Elliot, Kev Fiander, Kev Critchley, most of whome I still see and keep intouch although I now live in Dubai.. I went out with Anne Faram at the time but we havent spoken since the 5th year whe we broke up. First loves always leave a lasting impression..Paul Fletcher

Hi yes I think so WAS one of the Wilcox family called Lavinia?Person in Dubai Brian Headford lived on my street.He had a brother.They were older thanme.Although I did go out with his friend Martyn Cheetham.Sadly also lost contact.I know what you mean.Does anyone have contact with Julie Finchett,Sharon Hunt,Linda Maskery,Margaret Lee?I would love to know how life has been for them.Thanks.This is a great site.

Hi yes I think so WAS one of the Wilcox family called Lavinia?Person in Dubai Brian Headford lived on my street.He had a brother.They were older thanme.Although I did go out with his friend Martyn Cheetham.Sadly also lost contact.I know what you mean.Does anyone have contact with Julie Finchett,Sharon Hunt,Linda Maskery,Margaret Lee?I would love to know how life has been for them.Thanks.This is a great site.

yes thats right ali lavinia

I might know you.People in my band included Carol White Fred Furness Tracey Skeen.I got on with them well but was bullied badly by girls from other bands.I have got over it though!

Sorry i don't recognise any of those names. Sorry to hear you were bullied. There were a lot of hard cases at Waltheof but luckily i kept my head down and didnt really get picked on there but suffered bullying in my first job and its not nice. I can really understand how it can destroy a person.

Mr Wilson was a gent. Shame he used to carry his books round in a bucket. I remember him apologising (to us in class) for being off ill - he had stomach cancer I believe and died very shortly after. There were a few good teachers at Waltheof and Mr Wilson was up there with the best. I was there 74-80 (79/80 in sixth form) - must have known you :)

I didn't know he had died so early on.Yes,he was probably the best teacher there.The only one I can remember who never had to resort to using fear as a teaching method.Unlike those maths teachers!I still shake when faced with a maths problem.I might have known you...

Does anybody know Brian Jacobs? I'm sure he went to Waltheof late 50's early 60's. He's an old mate of mine and used to live on Fairfax Rd on the Manor.