Dyson hand dryers in Meadowhall

My friend made us drive to meadowhall just so he could use them! Haha! He got a little obsessed...

Ok - it's been a few years since I went to Meadowhall but I got dragged there today. I've got to say that the most impressive thing there was the hand dryers in the loos. What a great invention. If you've not seen them ....

http://www.dyson.co.uk/range/feature_frame.asp?model=AB01-AIRBLADE&sinavtype=pagelink

You put your hands in them and draw them out slowly. Your hands are dry in less then 10 seconds. No more hanging around for a minute then wiping your still wet hands on your trousers on the way out. Superb design that actually works.

Mr Dyson, I take my hat off to you.

you are not getting commision on the hits to the link are you:suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :hihi:

I've managed to use them at Meadowhall once, seeing as you can't get near them for bloody kids who think they're some sort of fairground attraction to play with!

I went surfing with a Dyson development engineer a while ago, who was working on this project at the time. He waxed lyrical about them because for the first time we have a hand dryer that actually cleans the air before dumping it over your hands. Normal dryers simply draw in ambient air, heat it and blow it at you. So you're getting a lovely covering of all the widdle and poo molecules in the air all over your bright, clean hands. Haven't used a hand dryer since then, for some reason...

They seem cool. May even make my annual MHall trip to try them out.

They're brilliant as are all of Dyson's products (even the washing machines, even though they look hideous!) :)

you are not getting commision on the hits to the link are you:suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :hihi:

If only ....

They're brilliant as are all of Dyson's products (even the washing machines, even though they look hideous!) :)

Dyson stopped making the washing machines a couple of years ago because of technical problems. They did say that they were going to bring out a new model but it hasn't happened yet.

The washing machines were rubbish, which is why John Lewis stopped selling them. See if you can find the Which test that was done not long after they went on sale - came out very badly.

I've got nothing against Dyson products - have two of their cleaners at home - but they should stick to cleaners. They seem to be entering the realms of 'form over function'. In other words, it doesn't matter if something works well as long as it looks good