Crashers to Ashes: Gatecrasher burns down.

Yes, Gatecrasher is definately well ablaze. If still in town CLOSE ALL WINDOWS. Apperently the fumes are not very nice.

Gatecrasher burning down ... finally a prayer answered :D

Obviously I hope no one is hurt.

Black smoke now.......burn baby burn, disco inferno.

iv just opened one of me windows and i can smell it and i live opposite the uni art tower theres quite alot of smoke but cant tell where its coming from i live quite high up

Yup its gatecrasher - the wife has just been sent home from Telephone House. Thick black smoke yet the roads have not been closed as her bus has just turned up at the normal stop on Arundel Gate near the roundabout!

Is anyone in town? I can see all of town from my house and there is loads of yellow smoke coming from near the Moor, can anyone confirm what this is?

Unfortunatly it looked as if it wasn't the Gatecrasher :mad:

Looked like the building across the road. It smells like plastic on fire: thought that club was empty in the day.......lol

If the smokes that bad they will probably close the roads soon.

GatecrasherFirex1.jpg

Looks like its coming under control a bit now.

Well I am just off to close our windows, smells like burning plastic so it's wafted over to walkley.. what exacty is on fire then ? anyone know for certain

Yup its gatecrasher - the wife has just been sent home from Telephone House. Thick black smoke yet the roads have not been closed as her bus has just turned up at the normal stop on Arundel Gate near the roundabout!

Yup, Just heard it 2 minutes ago on BBC Radio News; and I'm sitting in the BBC webcafe just around the corner...

Heard the fire engines a while ago; must have a glimpse when the BBC place shuts at 6.

Just hope no-one's come to harm.

NOW, the Multi-Million Pound question is:

Will Gatecrasher benefit from the kind people of Sheffield, in finding at least a temporary home until the place is rebuilt?

A club with those kind of resources could temporarily renovate the Roxy; Then there's the former NICHE a few hundred yards away, but that is a lot smaller...

A more practical solution might be to rent one of the student venues such as the HUBS or SUSU over the Summer at least, as this is generally a dead period for student venues.

Best of luck to Gatecrasher Management and staff in getting over this catastrophe.

Wow, it's chucking out the smoke now... just been to the top of the Hicks Building to watch it burn!

Hope no-one was inside.

Just heard that its collapsed!

i work near there and the smoke was really bad