Redhead Travel Universal ???

I left Sheffield in 1978 - On a contract for two years to Kenya and been away ever since.

Would just like to know what happened to Redhead Travel Universal Limited on Carver Street as I worked for a short time at this travel agency.

Also is the Co-op (S&E) at the bottom of The Moor still there?

Someone told me all these places are now gone!

Thanks for any replies

The old S&E Co-Op has long gone. They built a Safeway on it, which has recently become Waitrose. Don't think there's a travel agents on Carver St now, but I might not have noticed it, as I never go anywhere. I'll have a look tomorrow on me way to work if I remember, and report back.

Hi Jdodie.

Sorry this has been a long time coming. I can confirm that there are no travel agents on Carver Street. A trendy retro boutique and a seventies themed club, but no travel agents.

The Dok

wasnt it called redferns travel on carver street - was it a green fronted building

I left Sheffield in 1978 - On a contract for two years to Kenya and been away ever since.

Would just like to know what happened to Redhead Travel Universal Limited on Carver Street as I worked for a short time at this travel agency.

Also is the Co-op (S&E) at the bottom of The Moor still there?

Someone told me all these places are now gone!

Thanks for any replies

Ted Redhead died many years ago. From memory, I think his daughter took the reins for a while, but then the Woodcock Travel group took the agency over eventually.

They in turn went bang - the whole group, probably the largest local multiple at the time.

Most of Sheffield's agencies that you may remember have gone....Ivey, Muntus, LEP, BCA...all gone, or taken over by the big boys like Amex.