Head under patio murder in Chapeltown

Does anyone else remember this happening.

It happened on Stanley Road in Chapeltown in about 1998.

Does anyone have any links about it.

My fiancee is interested about it

Concrete Ken, he was swiftly nicknamed.

I lived a street away at the time, and I got one saturday morning to find 3 rozzers searching my back garden and shed!!!

The house were it happened is HUUUGGGEEE! Its had around 4 extensions (not all in concrete by the way).

Jim

I remember them sending the frogmen in to Charlton Brook.

I used to remember the woman who was killed as i was her newspaper lad for a while, she used to read the Daily Express.

My friend lived across the road, we were at college at the time, when we went round to her house she would always be watching us, then we didn't see her for a while so we we joking 1 day that she must be under the patio, imagine how we felt when they found her head in that concrete in the garage!

:huh: just abit curious how a hit man could go to the police:huh:

I have to be honest, that's puzzled me a bit...I hope he didn't take his CV along with him :hihi:

My sister lived across the road and I too had joked about her being buried under the patio!

Concrete Ken, he was swiftly nicknamed.

I lived a street away at the time, and I got one saturday morning to find 3 rozzers searching my back garden and shed!!!

The house were it happened is HUUUGGGEEE! Its had around 4 extensions (not all in concrete by the way).

Jim

my sister and brother in law lived on stanley rd at the time,we went to visit and were pulled over by the cops,my wife thought it was cos i had no mot,fortunately ,they had bigger fish to catch.

Where abouts is Burncross in Sheffield ?

Burncross now seems to be entwined with Chapeltown. At one time is was a village, and a nice one too. Approach it by Burncross Road, which begins at the roundabout by the Spar/Post Office opposite Chapeltown WMC and the Tesco garage. It passes the library and swimming baths.