Who do I speak with concerning my child's teacher?

My son came home from school today very upset because one of his teacher told him that because he has got speach and language difficulties that he would only be good enough to sit on street corners selling newspapers. Should i just leave this or should i make a complaint. Can i make a complaint? How do i go about doing this.:mad:

That's disgusting, definately investigate it further and ddefinately make they said it first! :o

That comment is way out of order.:rant: The OP is not moaning but rather asking for advice on an immotive subject.

No, the OP is clearly asking for advice as to whether they should moan (ie complain) about the teacher.

I merely suggested that the time OP's would be more productively spent with the child to provide a little more education. It's not rocket science if you think about it for a moment... rather than wading in to have a go at me.

Rather than complaining about a teacher who is possibly overstating the obvious

^^^^ And that comes across as a dig at the OP not a suggestion :mad:

Well you misread it then. Let's get back to the topic shall we?

The two possible scenarios here are:

A) the child is an angel, who would never do anything wrong and the teacher is bang out of order.

B) the childs parents THINK hes an angel who can do no wrong and the teacher has been provoked all day by him, torn a strip off the child and the child has decided to teach the teacher a lesson by fabricating an alledged statement.

I suspect the truth lies somewhere between those two and the whole situation needs a long hard looking at then sorting out.

report the evil person , they alway,s complain about the kid,s having no respect

I still maintain it's the proper thing to do to speak to the teacher first and allow them to explain themselves. It's wrong to assume the teacher won't pass on your concerns to the head - besides, they may not need to.

And please stop using oversized lettering - it's the net equivalent of shouting.

SORRY THOUGHT THAT WAS CAPITALS

perhaps the teacher was within their rights to make such a comment.

you don't know the context of the conversation or any background.

we are all assuming that the child in question wasn't f 'ing and blinding during lessons or finding that their problems only manifested themselves during class time.

thats just to stop all the "give 'em a whack " brigade food for thought.

but in answer to the op i would recommend dropping a note to the headteacher,or requesting a civilised meeting with the head to express your anger.

...all kids are perfect!, or so their parents would have us believe.

Very blinkered approach and probably why kids have no respect for anyone.

Learn the facts and if it turns out theres more to your sons accusation than meets the eye, act on it

i totally agree 'No-one is Perfect' But a teacher has a certain level they are supposed to maintain and that isn't to put down a child in such a manner. I'd very much like to hope it was a complete misunderstanding and everything can be sorted out with no further upset. But i don't hold my breath any more i'm afraid. Still really hope it all gets sorted with a happy ending.

perhaps the teacher was within their rights to make such a comment.

you don't know the context of the conversation or any background.

we are all assuming that the child in question wasn't f 'ing and blinding during lessons or finding that their problems only manifested themselves during class time.

thats just to stop all the "give 'em a whack " brigade food for thought.

but in answer to the op i would recommend dropping a note to the headteacher,or requesting a civilised meeting with the head to express your anger.

The child has Speech problems, so will have probably struggled to be offensive.

think if it was one of my daughters they said it too i would be inclined to go and give the teacher a speach impediment of there own,

a punch in the mouth :hihi: