Myspace v Facebook you decide

I'd have to say i do like both, myspace is really good for looking up new bands etc but I use facebook much more often, it's better for talking to friends etc and organising events/nights out..

Plus, if like me you're promoting a bar/club, just create a group and invite people to join, you can then invite all members to up and coming events, message all members with offers etc etc...

myspace...

self promotion...

friends ...

and since i joined, made about a £1k from

photography work...

and more to come.

and it can be very addictive !!

mark

bapx

Facebook is a lot less visually sickening.

I'm a member of both and Bebo but I tend to use myspace more as a tool for listening to new bands and finding out where they are playing. I also like all the faffy bits on my space - my page takes ages to load! My sister loves it as well so i talk to her via it.

I'm getting better with facebook and using it to communicate with a couple of old friends but they are both on myspace anyway? you have to put all these add ons to make it work.

Bebo i joined a couple of years ago and forgot about to be honest but someone i know joined a few weeks ago and gave me a nudge. Was quite funny when i looked at my profile which said I'm loving this new band called Arctic Monkeys. :hihi: - made me sound like Emily from Big Brother.

Facebook is much better. Now they've added graffiti, videos, songs, ILike, slideshows, etc.. it's so addictive!

I use facebook, its fun, myspaces is crap, they have like a thousand imaginary friends.

since he said he will be using it to promote nights at a bar, that's probably a good thing.

Myspace is better for promotion, bands etc

Facebook is better for friends etc

or you could sign up for both as there both free and find out which one is better suited for you.

both will make you wish you never owned a computer.

I'm falling in love with facebook!

I'm a member of both and Bebo but I tend to use myspace more as a tool for listening to new bands and finding out where they are playing.

Snap.

Myspace is brilliant for that.

:)

With facebook you can use event invitations to advertise stuff (which pretty much everyone reads), with Myspace you can only use bullitens (which most people won't read).

We have made some really good friends on MySpace. Facebook is ok if you are under 16 i guess..so i choose MYsapce myspace.com/hauntedrealm:thumbsup:

Facebook, all day, easier to read, news bulletins on friends etc much better for users over 18 i think myspace is more for kids/teenagers.

Does anybody use Myspace or Facebook to decide where to go out?

I am involved with the bar NYLON and think both tools are valueble in giving very up to date info about whats going on at the bar.

However it does take up a load of time and im just wondering if people regularly use these sites to choose what they are doing.

Cheers

Dan.

I don't normally use it to go out, well sometimes I do but I generally get invited to gigs on there as I have a dj page and am involved heavily with the dnb and hiphop scene. So it has its uses on that I suppose.