Thread closed as dedicated forum launched

I'm about to set off home from leeds.

I come off at J36 and head down penistone Road up to Crookes, turning right at Pizza Hut at Owlerton.

Anyone know whether this route is OK?

Cheers in advance.

No, took me two hours to get from bottom of rutland road, I had to go out to Oughtibridge then over the top of Grenoside.

Big Yellow Air Ambulance just shot over us near Rother Valley

The BF is stuck in Chesterfield town centre. There are no trains, he can't get a taxi for 3 hours, there seems to be no buses, but he can't seen ti find out for sure. Any ideas about how he could get home???

Sorry, sweetie, I don't know the area, but it sounds like her only option is Shanks' Pony. Public Transport is hammered.

She'll be fine plenty of tea and grub in the station, it's car I'm worrying about.

still not home...

The BF is stuck in Chesterfield town centre. There are no trains, he can't get a taxi for 3 hours, there seems to be no buses, but he can't seen ti find out for sure. Any ideas about how he could get home???

Personally I'd suggest he found a hotel for the night.

There's just been an appeal for people not to ring emergency services unless life is in danger, so probably don't call "if in doubt"....

I come off at J36 and head down penistone Road up to Crookes, turning right at Pizza Hut at Owlerton.

Cheers in advance.

Last I heard, Penistone Road is flooded. Check here:

Sheffield Traffic Watch

sky have just mentioned that there are 20 people stuck on a roof near to collaspe in brightside !

Hi my partner called me at 4:30pm to say they were trapped in the canteen at bassetts in hillsborough. The river had burst its banks and surrounded them and it was knee high then so for health and safety they wernt allowed out as they didnt know whats in it, not heard since if anybody has heard anything please let me know.

Cheers in advance.

No, definitely not!

There's a shot of that precise junction on this page - camera 15:

http://www.magicrambo.com/pages/shefwebcam.htm

Penistone Road is closed and that junction is mostly under water...

Edit: Your best route may be down Oughtibridge Lane, as Leppings Lane may well be impassable - does anyone know the situation down there?

Personally I'd suggest he found a hotel for the night.

Told my OH to do that-he is stuck in city centre and we live at High Wincobank. He has decided to walk.......