Anyone recommend a kitchen suppliers?

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent and reliable kitchen outlet? I have been working on a house re-fit and have experienced real problems with a kitchen designed and supplied by Sheffield Kitchen Outlet. Basically the kitchen was measured wrongly in at lest four areas and then, unsurprisingly didn't fit in the space when we came to fit it! How does a fifty centimeter gap sound to get from a kitchen into a dining room?! Apparrently they are now being less than helpful when it comes to any compensation or even an apology. I am soon to start doing my own kitchen at home and just wondered if anyone had had a good experience and could recommend a good reliable firm? Any help or similar stories gratefully recieved.

we specialize in installing kitchens. if you want someone to quote you for a kitchen then ring me, chris orchard on 07969082611

I used to be a self employed fitter for these type of firms , they send a person round with a laptop to "design" you a kitchen , you pay them , the kitchen arrives then the problems start because the person that has designed it has never fitted one .

This was happening far too often for my liking so I now design supply and fit (unless you want to fit it yourself) for myself . hey presto , no more problems . I work from home so have no overheads at all and so can provide a top quality kitchen for the sort of money you would expect to pay for a b&q one , if you want any advice , ring me on the number below.

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent and reliable kitchen outlet? I have been working on a house re-fit and have experienced real problems with a kitchen designed and supplied by Sheffield Kitchen Outlet. Basically the kitchen was measured wrongly in at lest four areas and then, unsurprisingly didn't fit in the space when we came to fit it! How does a fifty centimeter gap sound to get from a kitchen into a dining room?! Apparrently they are now being less than helpful when it comes to any compensation or even an apology. I am soon to start doing my own kitchen at home and just wondered if anyone had had a good experience and could recommend a good reliable firm? Any help or similar stories gratefully recieved.

My sentiments exactly... they just want your money, the same people post regularly to praise SKO, these posters are Stuart's cronies. I will not praise him he has almost caused me to have a breakdown

Todd100%.......

I cant believe you have gone back and pulled up a thread from 2007 to try and prove a point!!!!

Why not spend your time on the forum and answer Stuarts post as Peak-Polly suggested on the other thread!!!!!:huh:

I did - here it is in case you missed it:

As promised I’m replying to your post. Unfortunately I innocently purchased a new kitchen from Sheffield Kitchen Outlet, what a mistake I made your units are good but no better than any other Kitchen designers in the Area. My friend Lucy had a very beautiful kitchen supplied and fitted by Kitchen Appliance Warehouse Ecclesfield – she also had a problem with an appliance and was exchanged with no fuss at all the very same day. I should have gone there I really wish I had.

No Managing Director of a decent, honest, trustworthy, honourable company would write what you have written on here regarding a very good customer who’s just spent £5,000 with them. And anybody observing on this Forum will have got the message very clearly because it’s obvious who the posters are after the farce of last night’s postings. I haven't even bothered to read them but let me tell you now that you can’t intimidate me.

Originally Posted by stusko

Hi eveyone

....My name is Stuart I am managing Director for Sheffield Kitchen Outlet.. On Monday afternoon just before leaving work for the day a gentleman called in and asked to speak to me regarding a problem with a dishwasher in a kitchen recently purchased from us...

It wasn’t “recently” purchased it was finished by your fitter on the Friday before and the dishwasher was not tested properly because the electrician had to come back to connect everything up, we found that the dishwasher was not working on Saturday night. My husband reasonably asked to speak to you privately but you wouldn’t have this you had to have 5 or 6 people holding your hand. Were you frightened of him Stuart? Is that why you were scared to speak to him alone?

I’m telling you folks my husband is 64 years old and his legs were, on that day almost crippled with an attack of inflamed knees. You are 31 years old and fit… coward or what? Please tell me I’m curious to say the least.

I explained to him that first of all we needed to have an engineer to call to inspect the instalation of the built in appliance and to attempt to repair the appliance on site as they are legaly entitled to do.. Sale of goods act states that a manufacturer has the right to attempt a repair of an electrical appliance after instalation..

Not if an appliance is brand new and never been used

If a repair is not possible SKO's policy is to replace and re fit the appliance within 24hrs as we can claim a credit for the appliance after an engineers visit.. This was explianed 2 or 3 times to the genleman on monday afternoon and he seemed quite happy when he left...

He wasn’t at all happy, you had tried to intimidate him, you used bully boy tactics and never gave him a chance to state his complaint properly

On tuesday morning i had a call put though to my desk, the same customers wife was on the phone saying a service call had been booked for thursday and this was no good because she was going away on holiday wed morning, the woman was been very rude to me and i found her attitude disgusting..

Now if you call telling you that “my contract was with you and not your suppliers” and that it was “your place to arrange a visit, not mine” disgusting and rude then I hold my hand up that is what I said. I also said that because we were going away on Wednesday the Thursday booking was no good. I did not say what time I was going away on Wednesday it was nothing to do with you. I had to ring the engineers myself and the cost of all the phone calls came to nearly £8. That should have been your responsibility.

When i suggested she booked the call for the first day back from her holiday instead she started to get very abusive to me.. i did not understand the problem with this as she would not need to use the appliance while away.. I have been in business for over 5 years and have thousands of very happy customers all over south yorkshire and have never in my life been spoke to by a customer in such a vicious manner.. I must admit i did say towards the end of the call "i think your bieng b l o o d y unreasonable"

You did say that yes but you ALSO said “it’s only a ******* dishwasher what’s your problem? You also said I was bitter… I want to question that what do you mean by bitter?

i think i bit my tongue quite well considering the way i was bieng spoke to..

You are the dealer I am the customer but you didn’t bite your tongue did you? You swore at me, I had the phone on loudspeaker and people heard you. When you couldn’t cope you slammed the phone down.

on wednesday evening my brother who works for me as a delivery driver went to view a house he was considering to purchase.

Is this the brother that was parading up and down my house and garden with a clipboard in his hand wearing my carpet and garden path out in blind panic because I refused to pay the balance for the kitchen until the fitter had checked it over?… the fitter had gone away because the kitchen was late being delivered. He (your brother) had reason to phone you because a lot of the stuff were wrong and the first thing I heard you say was “Has she paid”

Is that a genuine way to run a business? The delivery men were instructed by you not to unload the van until the money was in their grubby little hands.

When he arrived at the house he was very suprised to see the same gentleman that was supposed to be on holiday quoting for some joinery work and as he left arranged to revisit the house thurs evening with a price..

If your brother has been a little bit more observant he would have seen me in the car which was packed up ready for our journey it was about 4.30 in the afternoon, I work until 4pm. And if his ear-wigging had been a bit better he would have heard what my husband really said – he said “I will “RING” you tomorrow with the price. Never heard of mobile phones? I will get the lady to confirm this if you like.

So my message to dishwasher lady is "You have lied to us about your imaginary holiday to try and get your own way, you have lied about our telephone conversation,

You have called me a liar (that’s libellous) and if need be I can prove that we went on holiday on Wednesday and returned the following Wednesday. Is this really what you want prospective customers to read? You calling a good customer a LIAR?

i think you have been very unreasonable and bitter about the whole situation,

Again you have called me BITTER – WHY?

however you are still a SKO customer so if you do have any GENUINE complaints about our products or service please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help you in any way we can" regards Stuart SKO

As you know I DO have another genuine complaint. You know about it I sent you an email with a photo but you have chosen to ignore it. I will be back to you. I will be reasonable enough not to wash this one in public unless I have to.

Very interesting and very confusing

My sentiments exactly... they just want your money, the same people post regularly to praise SKO, these posters are Stuart's cronies. I will not praise him he has almost caused me to have a breakdown

Almost caused you to have a breakdown....over a dishwasher?

Am I missing something? I'm neither praising or complaining about SKO. It's just I don't really understand the problem of someone coming out to see if there's a small problem with the appliance, or whether it needs changing. If you were away for a day or two, what was the problem coming after?

All seems a little petty tbh.

(thinking of getting a new kitchen, hence the dragging up of an old thread).