Recommend me an MP3 player?

Am after an MP3 player for when out walking or cleaning or on my dinner at work etc. I haven't got a clue what to look for or how much to pay.. been looking at ipod shuffles and nano shuffles but not sure what each one does... How easy is it to put tunes on an ipod? I wouldn't know where to start. Also what is a flash card etc? Sorry to be such a dunce:huh:

iPods are easy to use, just use iTunes, prettly self explanatory. iPod Shuffle has no screen of any sort, iPod nano does and can display photos as well.

I'm gonna get myself an iPod nano shortly I reckon.. not really seen anything out there that rivals it, unless anyone knows different?

I wanted one just to listen to music in the airport and on holiday, I went to Asda, £4.00, it holds 64 tracks, sorted!

You get what you pay for, but this one does what I need

Dave..

Most of the I-river players are equal in quality to Ipods, they just look different, it down to which design/price you find most attractive.

I got a cheapo from Argos (Itronics) 4gb one for about £20. It holds about 50 albums, its easy to transfer stuff onto, and the only thing I don't like is that it'll shuffle songs on an album, but not the whole player. :mad: Still, it does the job for me because I'm a gadget-phobic technodunce.

Just look at gagdet websites such as STUFF and T3, or audio websites.

The ipod nano always gets great reviews (well, the new one does!).

I resisted getting an ipod because I thought they were all hype. I've now got the mini and 80gig video. Two of the best things I've ever bought.

Thanks Honeybear, going to asda tomorrow so will have a look for one... Is it easy to put tunes on the player from the comp? I treid to get them onto my mp3 on my phone and ended up chucking a right wobbly!!! before you say "use your mp3 on your phone" , i don't like flashing my phone about etc....

Thanks Honeybear, going to asda tomorrow so will have a look for one... Is it easy to put tunes on the player from the comp? I treid to get them onto my mp3 on my phone and ended up chucking a right wobbly!!! before you say "use your mp3 on your phone" , i don't like flashing my phone about etc....

If my dad at 60 can use I-Tunes with no problems there's hope for anyone.

Most of the I-river players are equal in quality to Ipods, they just look different, it down to which design/price you find most attractive.

iRiver are/were the Ferrari of MP3 players.

I bought a H10 a couple of years ago and has been brilliant! Fantastic sound (after over writing the volume cap file), radio, dictaphone, alarm clock etc etc. I'd say it looks sexier than an iPod too.

iPods obviously have a massive range of accessories but i'd say the sound is pretty average after listening to various other types.