Old driving instructors and lessons!!!

I learned to drive with ted wood lived on norfolk park, very nice man, also teached my dad in the 1970's. my lession's were 10 pound an hour and it alway went over the hour. i past my test first time in 1994 from the manor top

HI IV'E BEEN DRIVING 70 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A TEST, NOW HOW DO YOU THINK THAT HAPPENED, ALSO ONLY 2 OFFENCES', 1 FOR SPEEDING,/ 1 CAUGHT CREEPING THROUGH A HALT SIGN , I WOULD THINK THIS MUST BE SOME SORT OF RECORD ANYONE BEAT IT. [ bragger] ARTHUR.

Edited by Arfer Mo

HI IV'E BEEN DRIVING 70 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A TEST, NOW HOW DO YOU THINK THAT HAPPENED, ALSO ONLY 2 OFFENCES', 1 FOR SPEEDING,/ 1 CAUGHT CREEPING THROUGH A HALT SIGN , I WOULD THINK THIS MUST BE SOME SORT OF RECORD ANYONE BEAT IT. [ bragger] ARTHUR.

Congratulations.

Could you now press the 'caps lock' button and save my ears from this raging torment?:hihi:

I had lessons with Ted Wood too, passed first time in 1983. I remember my first lesson where he repeated told me you could drive for miles in first gear, took me a while to catch on to what he meant:) If I remember rightly I learnt in a beige coloured mini

Sorry ,l typed half the post before l knew, being a slow one finger man l thought l'd cary on , Arthur

I had my lessons with a guy called john collumbine, so did my sister. he was a brilliant instructor.

did anyone have the instructor from bsm called graham bibby? he was fantastic!!!!

Edited by loobylou2008

I didnt have any lessons,passed 3 week after my 17th, bike a week later.But someones got to feed their kids, but then theres loads of women learning nowadays :)

i had this guy.. colin was brilliant and a lovely guy.such a nasty and terrible end for this gentleman R.I.P col xx

http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/BREAKING-NEWS-Murder-accused-appears.5700348.jp

I had lessons with Colin some 20 odd years ago. A real character, hugely likable. I was shocked to see his name appear in the papers as a murder victim.

May you rest in peace sir, after such a long and fruitful life, you did not deserve to have it end like that.

i took my lessons with colin fish , around 1971 ish , passed third time after 20 odd lessons in a blue morris marina , 19 shillings a lesson , then it went up to a pound just after decimiliation ..... right fiddle !! .

I couldn't believe the tragic news about Colin Fish - how terribly sad. Colin taught me to drive in 1973 and I passed first time at Handsworth Test Centre on a Friday afternoon. I had most of my lessons in a Ford Cortina Mk 3 (very Gene Hunt, Life on Mars), then he bought a mini - so I took my test in that. Colin had a story about everything. He also had two other instructors working for him - an older one (I think with glasses) and younger guy (who I quite fancied at the time!)

Colin instilled a real responsibility into his students - I can't remember how many times he said that the car was a lethal weapon (obviously he was describing other people driving!)

My Dad never took a driving test - just applied for a licence in 1932 - and drove for 65 years without picking up any points or endorsements. He was one of the best drivers I have ever been in a car with and even my friends commented on his ability.

I can't remember the name of my driving instructor but he was a " one man band " who had two Minis, one of which was a pick up truck! My lessons used to start at the Midland Station at the teatime rush hour which was hair raising even in 1962.

Passed first time at the Sharrow Lane test centre , having had 10 lessons and lots of practice in my parents' car, 12 weeks after my 17th birthday. I drove, as a novice, from Sheffield to college in Chesterfield all through that atrocious winter of 1962/63.

I subsequently had a P/T job as a driving instructor with Tindall's School of Motoring on Richmond Park Ave, Handsworth in 1965/66. Anyone remember that?