Being single in Sheffield. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Who needs a girl friend when you got a beautiful thing called a guitar? Such a beautiful object can keep me entertained for ages.... Alright yeah there is no substitute for a bit of opposite sex company. It's just that if i did'nt have my guitar with me i would have joined the mental health institute long time ago.

Enjoy life, be happy, be nice, talk to everyone, join in, and you never know what might happen.

That's my advice for what it's worth :)

Being single is better than being with someone who constantly puts you down, makes you feel worthless and is forever comparing you to some other girl he fancies. I use to worry about being lonely before I split up with my ex last year, but it came to a point where I thought, that's it, i'v had enough of this jerk, so I finished with him. I'd rather have my own company, than share it with a plonker!

Being single in Sheffield is rubbish.

:D

Well, I have been single now for quite a while and after 2 failed engagements and a few false starts, I am happy with being single to some degree, I love being able to do what I want when I want, I also enjoy not having someone nagging me all the time.

But, I also miss the closeness of being with someone, having someone to chat to when I am alone, being a single dad with a disabled boy doesn't make life easy either, I do have the weekends to myself due to him going into respite, but, I am useless at chatting to ladies so going out is pointless for me.

I am meeting a lass this Friday though, so, we shall see, if things work out, great, if not, then I shall keep on looking, they say that you will find someone out there, they will just come along, but, unless you are actually looking, your going to find nothing.

You think it's hard when you're young?

Try looking for intelligent, funny, mature men when you're knocking fifty!

Just where do all the nice, available men go?

Or maybe that's an oxymoron- maybe all the nice men are being held on to by their women who know a good thing when they have it!!

Living alone, it is good when you have a close family and good friends, but even I feel gloomy at the prospect of another winter spent alone!!

I'm not young though, that adds to the difficulty, being 37 and a single dad with a disabled boy kind of doesn't earn you any favours.

I'm sure that's true, especially if your boy has severe disabilities- but I believe you should devote some time to yourself- so that you do have room in your life for that special woman when she appears!!

If the first thing you say to a woman is that you don't have time due to caring for your son then you are doing yourself a big dis-service, I think.

Hey hey - there are plenty of single girls about - I'm one and from what i've read as are a fair few other female forumers!!

The question is where are the single men?! lol

No seriously...I'm quite happy being single - I get to do what i want, when i want to do it. Occ miss having someone to cuddle.

Sorry, just thought, my single housemate goes out into town alone drinking and to meet people he goes round the pub claiming he's doing speed dating, if there's just one person he likes the look of so to speak he still pops off for a while claiming to be 'speed dating' his way round the pub.

Well...it's one way to approach the situation of unhappy single life i guess!!

I'm not unhappy being single, I'd just like a girl to spoil :D

I miss that most, having someone to look forward to seeing.

and Merlin_7799, I can't find any single ladies around Sheffield, I even made a thread about it :D