Who went to thornbridge school in the 70's

think you've got me mixed up with someone else,as good as an angel i was......

think you've got me mixed up with someone else,as good as an angel i was......
is that you tony

yes but i am an angel ask brian...........

I was at Thornbridge in the 70's left in 1981, kept in touch with a few whilst at the Poli (now Hallam University) and brief chats from Friends Reunited, otherwise not at all since moving away.

Got a few photo's from the sixth form.

I went to Thornbridge, 76 to 80, and Birley middle and junior before that.

Brought up on the Newstead estate.

Hated school.. but had/have great mates, some I still see/talk to (and knock around with in some cases).. Dave Clayton (year above me - old git), Phil Naylor, Sean Watson, Tony Kay, Andy Bingham, Paul Newman, Mark Fisher, Mark Hayter and the late great Roger Hobson amongst others..

Headmasters.. Snook and then Ernie Wise Goddard

Remember Chalky Rawson, Sooty Mullen, Hawkeye Griffiths, Andy Pack, Billy Wizz Evans, Adolf Fiddler etc etc.. Mrs Pratts lacey bras (I was a sticky teenager - what else was I supposed to look at? the blackboard?)

I remember the scarey caretaker dude, he had an assistant with a hunched back who was a really nice fella as I remember. He once caught us daring each other to go down the metal stairs in the main courtyard bit, we were trying to see the ghost of the cleaning lady who'd fallen in the boilers. He told us she must have been the size of a cat then. In my minds eye the boilers were like something out of Dante's Inferno with sweaty blackened blokes shovelling coal into raging flames.. not a Baxi Brasilia.. oh well.

Edited by Wavey
spelling - thats thornbridge for you

Hi Okismoki. Think Roy Jackson had Thornbridge about that time. He also had Charnock school and maybe Birley???

Hi Okismoki. Think Roy Jackson had Thornbridge about that time. He also had Charnock school and maybe Birley???
No,big Dave Sharrock had it when I worked there.

I briefly hung around with a lad in the mid-late 70's called Bob Froggat, up at Herdings Youth Club, I am sure he went to Thornbridge and came from a big, well known family.

i remember mrs pratt in french lessons yum yum

Hi i went to thornbridge grammer from 1962 until 1967 my name is stephen saxton i remember mr snook the headmaster and a history teacher cant remember her name but she was hot early 30s , i now live in oz since 92 and havent been back so far, i remember the gym and having to learn to dance for christmas still got two left feet, went to snooks office once for taking the school gates off their hinges.

Hi Stephen,

I was a Thornbridge student from 1961 to 1966 but I don't recall your name. I've lived in Oz since 73. Are you sure you didn't get the history teacher mixed up with the hot geography teacher Miss Cox? Click on this link and be amazed. She is 4th from the right, front row.

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/goldstar6/media/Thornbridge%201961_zpschvqk6rf.jpg.html?sort=2&o=11