How do I prevent rabbit from burrowing out of pen?

OK here goes!

Felix has been in his outdoor hutch with run for over a year now and I have had no problems. I have recently successfully introduced Silver (female) to join him. The problem is that Silver is burrowing and today succeeded in a bid for freedom. Luckily I found her before she escaped the garden and managed to recapture her. She is a feisty thing, I have the scratches to prove it!

Has anybody got any tips on what I can do to keep her in the pen? They have about 5m² to run around in.

Aw thats easy peasy even for me.....Remove the batteries :)

Next question please........:hihi:

Already have! :hihi:

Some bunny keepers I know put chicken wire on the bottom so they can't dig out :)

I use to cement a 12" border all round my garden and cover it with soil as normaly they only try burrowing under the edges chicken wire will do the job under the soil too as stated but dont forget eventualy it will rot.All mine was just left to please there self on the garden day or night and never lost one.

Thanks for the suggestions baileys_mum and terminator. :thumbsup::)

Our buns were doing the same so we had to move the run to the patio area. They are now only allowed on the grass if we are in the garden with them, so we can keep an eye on their digging!

I answered a PM on this the other day....here is the response I gave:

Im afraid digging is very much a natural behaviour and while it cant be stopped it is possible to prevent the rabbit digging out.

The first and easiest is to move the run onto a paved area or to lay slabs underneath the run. The advantages of this apart from preventing digging are that it keeps claws trim and is easy to wash down. The diadvantage is that the rabbits cannot graze.

The alterantive is to apply mesh to the bottom of the run, small squares so that little feet cant get trapped and to move it frequesntly so that the grass is long enough to grow through the holes and cover the mesh with a soft layer. Thise prevents them digging out and allows natural grazing. It may also stop diggin in the long term once they realise its pointless venture.

I hope this is of some help to you.