Tagged Pigeon trespassing on my property.

Could the humid, highly charged atmosphere have confused their homing radar thingy? Have there been thunderstorms? Does that make a difference?

As said above it's probably tired and needs a rest. Bread is not good for them as it weighs them down so give it some rice if you have any. Usually once they have been fed and given some water they fly off when they are ready.

If not, you should try and catch it using a laundry basket or similar and then put it in a box. Then take it down to a local field or open space and release it and it should fly off. Failing that you can contact the RPRA with the full ring number and they will put you in touch with the owner or a local pigeon fancier.

Don't come on here giving useless 'advice' the owner won't ring the pigeons neck at all so don't be so rediculous.

My father never killed one of his pigeons because it got lost :loopy:

And exactly when did you get the right to tell me not to come on here!

The owner WOULD definitely ring its neck. FACT - I have been part of a pigeon racing family for the last 33 years so tinkerbel, don't you come on here calling me ridiculous.:loopy:

And exactly when did you get the right to tell me not to come on here!

The owner WOULD definitely ring its neck. FACT - I have been part of a pigeon racing family for the last 33 years so tinkerbel, don't you come on here calling me ridiculous.:loopy:

Hmmm....not all pigeon fanciers would ring the necks of their birds which got lost despite your insistence on that being the case. Maybe you're just speaking from personal experience though...

Totally agree with you Ruff but the pigeon is there to do a job & win money at the end of the day.

With pigeon racing being a sport, they're not treat like pets. I suppose its a bit like a race horse with a broken leg lol:hihi:

Pigeons are nothing more than air rats, they are an extremely dirty avenue for disease. If that bird belongs to a racer he will undoubtedly ring its neck, as has every pigeon fancier I have ever known.

Don't tell Dick Dastardly, he's been after that dratted pigeon for years!

my mum has got in touch with the owner of the pigeon which they found yesterday. He's in Norfolk. He seemed very pleased that his bird was being looked after and he is sending a special pigeon collection service to pick the bird up tomorrow, he said it'll cost him £100 - surely if he was going to 'ring its neck' he wouldn;t fork out £100 to collect the bird?

my mum has got in touch with the owner of the pigeon which they found yesterday. He's in Norfolk. He seemed very pleased that his bird was being looked after and he is sending a special pigeon collection service to pick the bird up tomorrow, he said it'll cost him £100 - surely if he was going to 'ring its neck' he wouldn;t fork out £100 to collect the bird?

You would be surprised, I have heard of pigeon fanciers going to great lengths to get lost birds back only to kill them.

Some of these people even want birds of prey such as Kestrels, Peregrines and Sparrowhawks culling to reduce the number of attacks on their racing birds.

Its like many other sports involving animals, the owners are sometimes extremely brutal in its pursuit.

Lets hope in your case they really just want the bird back.