Tagged Pigeon trespassing on my property.

Our neighbour had a similar experience with a racing pigeon a couple of summers ago. It remained on their roof all night. They enticed it down with a bit of food, caught it next morning and I reported the ring details and ring colour on the Racing Pigeon Association Website (Lost Pigeon Section)....as in the above link.

This gave us details of its owner. He was maybe 20 miles from our neighbourhood (as the crow/pigeon flies :hihi: ).

I phoned him that same morning and a grateful owner collected the pigeon that same afternoon. :)

It was quite young and the owner said they often get exhausted and need a bit of rest. :)

Ahhhh, I think it's lovely. If you can't be bothered to find the owner then I'm sure if you call the RSPCA an inspector will come and take it away and trace the owner themselves.

DON'T KILL IT - DON'T KILL IT - It's a female Pied Blue. It might well be worth thousands of pounds Neeeeeeeeeeeeeek - you might have stumbled onto a fortune:wow:

I used to keep pigeons as a kid (geek get out clause) and they really are fascinating - apart from which, we may have lost the war without them. -

Three of them were awarded medals for courage above and beyond the church steeple.

SO DON'T BE MEAN. Invite her in for a cuppa and a slice of marmite toast - then grab her - stuff her in a sack and try to sell her:evil:

'Scuse if I didn't spell your name correctly!!

neeeeeeek all the owner will do if you do return it is ring it's neck, after all its no good to anyone if it can't find its way home.

:o

When I was a kid (many moons have since shone) I looked after a pigeon that appeared on our garden, even made it a bed in our shed and called him Percy. My dad contacted the owner, throught the registration tag, who promptly came to collect the homeing pigeon. My dad recently told me that the owner rung the birds neck out of my sight, as it was no good to him. :rant:

OH My GOSH, how bizzare, my mum has just rang me to say they've come home and a racing pigeon has walked into the lounge through the back door.

Good job I saw this thread this morning as she's just called me to see if I knew what to do........

neeeeeeek all the owner will do if you do return it is ring it's neck, after all its no good to anyone if it can't find its way home.

:o

Don't come on here giving useless 'advice' the owner won't ring the pigeons neck at all so don't be so rediculous.

My father never killed one of his pigeons because it got lost :loopy:

Was he there waiting for you or did Binky get him first?

Don't come on here giving useless 'advice' the owner won't ring the pigeons neck at all so don't be so rediculous.

My father never killed one of his pigeons because it got lost :loopy:

and iv sent two back to their owners via the phone number on the birds wing and they sent motorcycle couriers to pick them up in special pidgeon boxes.... and i even got £50 off one of them as a reward because it cost him nearly £1000 and as it was its first time out wasnt used to the locality...so dont scare the bird or harm it, it could just make you some beer money!!!!!:confused:

This thread has reminded me of an entry in a book I used to have:

THE WORST HOMING PIGEON from the British "Book of Heroic Failures" by Stephen Pile

This historic bird was released in Pembrokeshire in June 1953 and was expected to reach its base that evening. It was returned by post, dead, in a cardboard box eleven years later from Brazil.