Conversations in threads.

Guest Mod_Man
Thanks JoeP.

I have now reported 'chat' on a thread, and my thanks also go to Medusa for swiftly removing the 'chat' and tidying up the thread.

Well done the Mods! :thumbsup:

Does this work?

Does this work?

Of course it does!

Forum posts are not moderated prior to being posted and so there is a lag between the posts appearing and the tidying happening.

This is unavoidable, but we get there in the end.

In the particular case that you may be thinking of, wouldn't a thread with no visible off-topic chat look strange with a warning posted on it?

There was no intention to leave either the off-topic chat or the warning on the thread for longer than it took for everyone to get the message that it was inappropriate.

Guest Mod_Man
Of course it does!

Forum posts are not moderated prior to being posted and so there is a lag between the posts appearing and the tidying happening.

This is unavoidable, but we get there in the end.

In the particular case that you may be thinking of, wouldn't a thread with no visible off-topic chat look strange with a warning posted on it?

There was no intention to leave either the off-topic chat or the warning on the thread for longer than it took for everyone to get the message that it was inappropriate.

I guess it depends who you are and who you know as to how many warnings you get when clearly ruining a thread. It took a report and a really old thread being bumped before anything was done. I wonder how long it would take for a thread about crap modding for instance to be removed. I imagine it would be much quicker.

Delete the warning afterwards if it bothers you that much. Or just leave it, as happens in 99% of warnings. You know, those big bold off topic warnings that mods often use.

Theres a thread now where people can chat away to their hearts content, its a great idea as long as they use that thread and that thread only.

I guess it depends who you are and who you know as to how many warnings you get when clearly ruining a thread. It took a report and a really old thread being bumped before anything was done. I wonder how long it would take for a thread about crap modding for instance to be removed. I imagine it would be much quicker.

Delete the warning afterwards if it bothers you that much. Or just leave it, as happens in 99% of warnings. You know, those big bold off topic warnings that mods often use.

No- it didn't take a report and bumping an old thread for anything to be done.

It was already being done when you placed the report and your report changed nothing.

If you wish to criticise the moderating of the forum please do so at the Helpdesk rather than on open forum and please accept that there is only a certain level of groundless criticism that the team are prepared to take on a routine basis before your criticism is no longer welcomed.

Please stop telling us how to do our job. The team do the job pretty well on the whole.

Lets be honest, it's always a certain few who do the OT chatting. As this happens time and again, why not be a bit harder on them?

Guest Mod_Man

Please stop telling us how to do our job. The team do the job pretty well on the whole.

Where were you told to do your job?

Use the magic button if criticism bothers the mods so. It's nice weather outdoors.

Lets be honest, it's always a certain few who do the OT chatting. As this happens time and again, why not be a bit harder on them?

I'm sure most of those who chat in threads would tell you about the bans that they have received for doing so if you asked them. Just because we don't discuss bans with anyone other than those directly involved does not mean that they don't happen.

I'm sure most of those who chat in threads would tell you about the bans that they have received for doing so if you asked them. Just because we don't discuss bans with anyone other than those directly involved does not mean that they don't happen.

Thats very true.

Quite a few have been banned in recent weeks and they arent keeping it a secret, just look for the thread and its there in black and white, they admit they were banned and try hard not to chat but... they seem to be stuck in the habit now.

Theyre sticking to the one thread though, so far :D