Where is Intake?

where is intake? i know it is in sheffield but i have no clue as to whereabouts in sheffield it is???? is it a nice area? my friend is looking for a house and somone told her to look there??????

sammie

Take Mansfield Rd from Manor top for 1 mile and you will come to Intake.

Its not bad I suppose, but would not be my 1st choice for that price range.

its not great........is it a council estate????? i live at the other side of town.......... is it rough??????

i hardly go to the other side of town to where i live

well some council some bought, fairly nice area, worth going for, only problem u might have is gangs walking around but not many on intake just the co-op shephards hill n a few of the surrounding areas.

Intake is a nice area but some of the houses are inflated/overpriced but that could well be down to popularity or lack of houses in the area for sale. There are 3 local schools and 2 parks nearby. Those so called gangs around the co-op are no bother they are just a group of kids, boys and girls, hanging around having fun. I have never had any bother with them. Most houses are brought but some are council houses brought by its owner. Intake has one of the better quality of council houses which were modernied a few years back.

Just up the road from intake is a private estate called Frechville which is a very nice place to live, your friend would probably buy a house there for about 50k on mortgage.

Fron Sheffield City centre go up to the Manor top then follow your nose to intake then straight on up the hill to Birley moor road and Frechville is on your right hand side.

Originally posted by halevan

your friend would probably buy a house there for about 50k on mortgage.

You won't get much for £50K anywhere in Sheffield anymore.

thanks ill pass theese on. :D:wave:

I find intake quite nice and was considering buying a hourse there when I was first looking to buy!

I hear there are quite a few police officers live in that area!

Originally posted by mikey

You won't get much for £50K anywhere in Sheffield anymore.

You'd get two three bedroomed terraced houses in Tinsley.

Three in Page Hall.

hi, id just like to say that i think that the conversation everyone has been having is quite interesting but i disagree that intake is a rough area, i live there so maybe i am a little biassed but some parts of it are really nice and i think that a lot of people comment on it before they know anything about it.

thanx

ross age 14

Intake is an up and coming area for house prices, watch this space