Hamilton wins his first F1 race

if Lewis wins the championship will he be the youngest ever champion?

I believe so. Alonso was 23 when he won took that honour in 2005, and Hamilton is currently 22. Comes down to when their respective birthdays are I suppose.

I believe so. Alonso was 23 when he won took that honour in 2005, and Hamilton is currently 22. Comes down to when their respective birthdays are I suppose.

Hamilton won't be 23 until next January.

I'm still mildly annoyed by the fact that Liuzzi had stayed in 12th before pitting, making me think we had a chance of a point. What really came out though, was how slow last year's Red Bull was (this year's Toro Rosso).

After 20 or so laps, Liuzzi was nearly 20 seconds down on 11th place.

I fear it will be yet another 'pointless' season for us.

It will be interesting to see what he does at Silverstone, personally I think he is an arrogant little twit, with the people skills of a frog, and drives for McLaren but I have to say that he is a fabulous driver. If he qualifies well in Silverstone it will be a fantastic atmosphere, I'm glad I got in early & got tickets for the front row now !!!

this lad is brilliant

this lad is brilliant

Couldn't agree more. Though it was funny when he bent the axle on said £42,000 charity cart! :hihi:

From popbitch:

>> Winning formula <<

Stevenage man in bet of the decade

In 1998 a man watched his son soundly beaten

in a go-kart race by a very fast young driver.

He went to the bookies and asked to put a bet

on this kid winning a Formula One race before

he reached the age of 23.

William Hill laughed him out of the shop, but

Ladbrokes gave him odds of 200-1. After

this month's Montreal Grand Prix, where

22 year-old Lewis Hamilton recorded his first

victory, the chap called up Ladbrokes to claim

his winnings - 40,200 pounds.

Well that was a boring one yesterday and what a bunch of miserable sods they are. The first three were up in the room behind the podium and not one of them smiled, spoke or acknowledged the presence of the others. No wonder Valentino Rossi told Murray Walker last week that he doesn't want to be in F1 cos it's no fun. They make me embarrassed to be interested in it.

Highlight was the mechanic dropping and smashing Kimis bottle of champagne.

Aye, it was a boring race, but they so often are at Mangy Cours. The GP2 race was much more interesting, the drivers on the front row crashed into each other at the start and took each other out before they got to the first corner, and they were team-mates! Then a horrific accident halfway round the first lap, very spectacular indeed. The car flipped over and landed on top of the wall!

Nice to see Hamilton extend his lead and Button finally make it into the points and get 5th fastest race lap.

Very boring race I lost interest after a while.

Roll on This weekend !!! Driving down on Thursday to Silverstone & Cant wait !!

It will be interesting to see what he does at Silverstone, personally I think he is an arrogant little twit, with the people skills of a frog, and drives for McLaren but I have to say that he is a fabulous driver. If he qualifies well in Silverstone it will be a fantastic atmosphere, I'm glad I got in early & got tickets for the front row now !!!

Talking of arrogant little twits, Jenson Button was staying in the same resort in the Canary Islands as me last November, and what a total prick he was acting, it was look at me im Jenson Button and he came out with the classic " dont you know who i am " line, i thought it was very funny as nobody was taking a blind bit notice and i could see it was annoying the hell out of him.