Babies nappies abroad ...

ive already paid an allowance for extra luggage as now you can only tale 15kg instead of the 20kg so paid for that extra 5kg ,theres four of us going so will probably just buy here and spread then over the cases we are taking ...but thanks to all those that have given me sensible advise

sarcastic.. understanding! :roll:

Shame my honesty doesn't lie with you, I responded to your post which gave no indication of said 'allergy' to Any Other Nappy Except Pampers :rolleyes:

Good luck in your quest, however, if you feel absolutely unable to use any other brand :thumbsup:

why are ppl so sarcastic on this site ? my grandaughter has to have pampers nappies as shes got very bad eczma and they are the only ones that dont make her skin flare up and blister ....they may be a luxury to some but for my grandaughter they are a neccesity !

Slightly off topic but, all nappies(pampers included) contain harsh chemicals that can exaserbate eczema, and predispose babies to longer term skin sensitivities.

I'd recomend to your grandaughters parents trying her with proper cotton nappies, this will minimise her exposure to any chemical and be far kinder to her little bottom.

most supermarkets in the big resorts sell the uk brands look out for the spars they will stock them but they will cost a lot more

How about you take a few out with you, and if she is old enough leave her nappy-free whilst you are on the beach?

How old is she? I know at what times my 10-month twins are likely to poo so I plonk them on the loo/potty and they do it there. Saves a fortune in nappies and washing.

It's only kiddy-pee, should have a very high water content so hardly offensive, see how it goes. Pampers are made by Proctor and Gamble. I've just been on their website and there is no mention of Spain/territories, nor do they offer the Spanish language option on there.

Might be best off taking a load with you. Or post them out to your destination so you don't have to lug them with you. A long shot, but hey, I'm practical :cool:

I was going to suggest what scoop said, but I can't imagine washing cottons whilst on holiday unless there is a laundry service at your accommodation, but the whole skin sensitivity information still stands. MUCh better in the long run :thumbsup:

I would take the nappies with you.

They might sell them where you are going but it would be a nightmare if the shop was closed or they had run out. Also the information on the packet will probably be in Spanish and you may get the wrong ones.

Nappies are so small these days that spread over the cases they won't take up to much room and you can fill that space with shopping on the way back!

Don't forget to get some little swimmers for the pool and I hope you have a lovely holiday.

have a look on holiday.truths.co.uk look at the lanzarote discussion forum it may tell you on there or you can register and ask. I would Imagine they sell them at Mercedona (a large supermarket chain)

Hi there, I have just phoned my mum and dad cos they have been to costa teguise and they said there are a few spar shops and a netto so am sure they will sell pampers there.

Pampers are made by Proctor and Gamble. I've just been on their website and there is no mention of Spain/territories, nor do they offer the Spanish language option on there.

In Spain you will find them called called Dodot or Dodotis according to this Pampers page :)

this may seem such a silly question to some but can anyone help me ? im taking my grandaughter abroad for the first time in september we are going to costa teguise in lanzarote any info on whether they sell pampers nappies over there so that i dont have to take a suit case full of them ? if anyone can help ?

Have you booked a package ??

If so, you can get the phone number/e-mail address of the 'destination manager' who will be able to find out 'locally' all you need to know. Make sure they get the price for you also as sometimes things lke this are much more expensive overseas. If necessary they could also buy a few packs for you and have them waiting in the room you will be using.

I have worked in overseas tourism for the last ten years and can assure you this would be no trouble to the destination office of any reputable tour operator.

Good Luck and have a great holiday

thank you everyone for your answers had to have a little chuckle at the last one though ... i actually work at a spar shop ...do you think id still get 15% discount if i took my card with me ?hehehe:hihi: