PC has died.. does anyone know anything about fixing them?

Well.. those who I spoke to the other day would have known that I have finally got the internet back on at home..

after one day of having broadband set up, my computer has well and truly died :(

...it switches on and usually gets as far as the windows loading screen, before sometimes going a little pixelly and eventually goes into a standby like mode. it will occasionally start in safe mode but this doesnt help me much as i'm still a bit of a pc spaz.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong or anything?

....also does anyone know anywhere decent that would possibly be able to fix it?

yeah, but they mostly frequent the computer / tech section :P

oh okay thanks, i wasn't even aware there was one of those. could anyone move this for me? or delete it when ive posted it again in the right place. thanku

oh okay thanks, i wasn't even aware there was one of those. could anyone move this for me? or delete it when ive posted it again in the right place. thanku

Morning, SIH :) Sorry to hear about your PC :o It's better if you report your own post, if you want the admin team to do something. They don't read all the threads all the time. I've reported it for you, in the spirit of trying to help. Hope you get your PC sorted, I'm totally useless at that sort of of thing

I fix computers by way of home visits. If you still need help please klet me know by PM

Im fully qualified to fix PC's - I wont dazzle you with all the letters as you probably wont know what they mean, im willing to do home visits and repair on site, just drop me a message or email for more information.

see, the right place and you get results *feels proud* :)

errrrrm i would do home visits but whitbys a bit too far away

thanks guys, sorry, even having been using this site for so long i still dont know how to report it..! thanks for doin that for me anyways. i'll give you a shout if i need it fixing thanks, my mum has taken hers to someone today who she says would be able to do it, will see how that goes X