Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Redebs

Ye you can find some of the crowd early 70's onwards from wap / penthouse, Sportsman in Nelson downstairs sat nights . Don't think you know me but you never know. jackie and older rock music fan

Wallbuilder try dancing with mad shirl when deep purple records were playing in Penthouse. That n Judas Priest The Ripper!!!!!!!!!! it nigh on impossible.especially when a few pints had gone down neck I know I tried on several occassions and everytime had to give up after just a few seconds. an older rocker jackie

My god just seen little Tony on page 7 roys wap pages ahhhh !!!!!!!!!! didd't he look sweet then. Tho he still looks sweet now? haha !!! a bit less hair and a bit rounder shall we say' like everybody else me included but not changed much. Despite that he can still be found in Nelson Sat Night's in downstairs bar jackie

My god just seen little Tony on page 7 roys wap pages ahhhh !!!!!!!!!! didd't he look sweet then. Tho he still looks sweet now? haha !!! a bit less hair and a bit rounder shall we say' like everybody else me included but not changed much. Despite that he can still be found in Nelson Sat Night's in downstairs bar jackie

HLP

Moonchild no there's still a few of us out there not using zimmer frames!!!!!!!!! as some suspect. still very much into the heavy metal / rock scene we can still be found in Nelson's downstairs bar sat nights. still rockin n I'm only 50 a long way to go yet jackie

Hi Jackie I remember you fairly well although I think you first came to my attention in the Kay Gee Bee. It's always interesting to hear how some of the older rockers are going on although I'd still like to know what happened to Maggie the mod.

As far as leaping around on the dance floor goes I was always more of a sit on a seat and bop away there. However I know Bob Maltby the DJ used to find my requests for some of the less popular ttracks [shall we say] annoying as the floor would clear and then I had room to move.

Ahhhh but Bob also wore a denim jacket with the Quo sign on the back :D

Bob liked Quo just like Ken liked Jethro Tull, Russell liked ACDCThe Bailey Brothers liked anything that was popular and Les, well I'm not sure what Les liked but he certainly liked it LOUD.

Bob had an extremely varied collection of albums and singles and when he was DJ'ing in the Saddle on West street I used to ttry and ask for something he hadn't got with only limited success.

Well I'm getting grief from my kid, why I wasn't preggers at 13 so he could have seen the end of the Wap and Rebs!

Bless, to be 13 in 2008 and be into sabs and the old school stuff :)

Hi wallbuilder

great to hear from somebody nearly as old as me who remembers me from KGB rather than penthouse. Were you a punk rocker by any chance????? coz I remember the dance floor clearing rather rapidly when pretty vacant or god save the queen came on. Soz can't place you but did I know you to talk to.? N les used to play lots of Deep Purple, Rainbow, (rather think that was played for shirl's benefit coz boy she could dance) lynard Skinnard, ACDC cud be wrong but yes it was always loud. But I thought that was how heavy Metal was supposed to be played. Les still does play lots of deep purple etc In Nelson downstairs bar Sat night So if you in at sometime n can recognize me come up and say hi jackie

H,P Moonchild Saw your name n thought I recognised it. By heck that was a long time ago. Sorry can't place a face but are you the one with long dark hair and wearing a blue n white dress on one of Roys wap photo's. N did you buy chance always wear a long thigh length leather boots when in wop jackie