Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Yes, that is them. Suz is still about, I seem to run into her most times I go up to Sheffield - last time was in the Corp last year. You would recognise her instantly. I havn't seen Syl for about 20 years, but I think Suz is still in touch with her.

Do you feature yourself on any of these from this era, or did you manage to avoid the camera?

Thanks for the reply. I've not seen either of them for about 20 years. I hope they're both doing good whatever they're up to now.

I did manage to dodge the camera. Like some previous posters I was both pleased and disappointed to find none of the pics had me lurking about in the background. I'm sure I was there when some these were taken though, especially the Peace Garden ones. I reckon I'm just out shot throwing my mates in the fountains, or being chucked in there myself.

How about you?

How about you?

I dodged all the Peace Garden Photo's, like you I was probably in the fountain at the time. Either that or in the International buying Merrydown!

There is a dodgy photo of me elsewhere on there though. Oh to have been that young and slim!!

I feel sure I must have known you then, it sounds like we were around the same people at the same time. In which case you probably also knew Roy and Andy, who have both contributed to the Rock re-united thingy.

I seem to remember that Thunderbird Blue was the drink of choice in those days.....:gag:

I seem to remember that Thunderbird Blue was the drink of choice in those days.....:gag:

Me and Mandi went through a phase of drinking blue 20/20 in Rebs. She once threw up blue sick all over colliers car :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Never liked T-Bird that much. I used to find that the Blue was vaguely ok to start with, and then just became horrible, and the Red started off vile, and became vaguely ok.

The standard trick in our house was a bottle of extra dry vermouth (each!), and 8 cans of Scandia Green (look, we were skint, ok :hihi: ) each, then peg it to the Wap or Yorkshireman's, and then stumble to Rebel's .........

Me and Mandi went through a phase of drinking blue 20/20 in Rebs. She once threw up blue sick all over colliers car :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean, I did the same, except I re-decorated my brothers spare room wall with it...Nice!!!

Arrgh! All our pics are now on the Rock Reunited website clicky

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Arrgh! All our pics are now on the Rock Reunited website clicky

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

nice one, now some people i KNEW :) and even hung around with, lol, 'bout time

bit short on names tho :P i normally knew faces not names

apart from the obvious (jamie, holmsey, mac, andy longley)

is shane the one with long straggley blonde hair and gingery beard?

seem to remember he always had slayer / venom t shirts on

and i or mi close mates arent on any, mustve been upto no good someplace else that night / nights :P

nice one, now some people i KNEW :) and even hung around with, lol, 'bout time

bit short on names tho :P i normally knew faces not names

is shane the one with long straggley blonde hair and gingery beard?

seem to remember he always had slayer / venom t shirts on

Aye that would be Shane, no longer the owner of long blonde hair any more though :P

I feel sure I must have known you then, it sounds like we were around the same people at the same time. In which case you probably also knew Roy and Andy, who have both contributed to the Rock re-united thingy.

Hi Till Man,

Sorry about the delay in replying, better late than never I hope. I think we were around the same people at the same time so we probably did know each other all those years ago. I have put together a MySpace site and included a dodgy photo of me back then both for comedy value and to give people a fighting chance of I.D.ing me. So click on the link below if you are interested, curious, bored, whatever. Hope the link works, never done this hyperlink thing before.

Everyone welcome, hope you like my pics.

Respect to all.

i had some brilliant times in the wap..

chris (tenmen) was always at the top of the stairs with his dog jasper (r.i.p chris).. i remember wil and neil furniss aswell... in the pics i only recognise andy quinn and dolby.. and is that big tim (birch) in pic 10 with les??

my hubby hung out with dolby... i was always found around the footie tables or standing on that bar so that i could get noticed and get served.. im a shortie so that came in very useful :hihi:

i had some brilliant times in the wap..

chris (tenmen) was always at the top of the stairs with his dog jasper (r.i.p chris).. i remember wil and neil furniss aswell... in the pics i only recognise andy quinn and dolby.. and is that big tim (birch) in pic 10 with les??

my hubby hung out with dolby... i was always found around the footie tables or standing on that bar so that i could get noticed and get served.. im a shortie so that came in very useful :hihi:

We still see Dolby now and then, and yes that is Tim with Les and Mandy in Rebels.