Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Royal - ties ?

Well If you want, we can meet you on the steps of the old Wap with a bottle of newcastle brown and a broadsword. Baptise tour brow you with the brown, and knight you into the brotherhood of aging rockers. :thumbsup:

But then we'd all be even more tragic. :hihi:

Russ or Roy should know that I would NEVER waste a bottle of dog, which always came in handy when I won the Newky Brown drinking competitions. I remember some bird giving me a blowjob on the fire escape cos she thought the Tshirt I won (as well as the free Dog) was a Newky Tshirt and she wanted it. She was a tad dissapointed when it turned out to be a K Cider promo shirt hehehehehehe and I still didn't let her keep it...infact I think that was also the night that Olga caught us?

I miss the Wap....I miss Ken the DJ playing the TISWAS version of Bright Eyes for me or anything by AC/DC then all piling back to his house for more beer, pizza and sitting up all night watching comedy videos...I miss wading through the flooded toilets. I miss Felix buying me beer cos I was always skint. I miss the pinball machine and Soldier always stealing the plug off it when someone beat his high score....I miss all the birds in short skirts.....I miss the Xmas eve pissups.....and most of all I miss you scarecrow....oops....just for a moment there I was in the Wizard Of Oz ::hihi: It was bad enough when they stopped selling chip butties at dinner times around the end of the 80's.

Russ or Roy if you read this PM me and we'll go for a pint and just so we can remeniss about old times I'll even let yous pay for them just for the nostalga element and if you still see Chris Denham....bring him along cos he's a top bloke :thumbsup:

Ooo fond memories. I remember about 1979 ish being friends with 5 girls called Julie.

Also remember that the Wap closed on Saturday after lunch and reopened at teatime. Our lot used to go to the Wimpey bar and then either go to the pictures for a bit or to the peace gardens for a mooch. One afternoon .... a lady with flat black shoes wandered over .... didn't much like what was in our fags which resulted in two of us getting a fine for £30 quid!

can remember running into the wap to fight a hippy(me a cardboard mod)came face 2 face with the biggest biker ever **** me self!

Aww these pics bring back some great memories all young and care free what a way to be.i remember the twins and bob the dj off the photos but dont recognise anyone else,god the hair styles are wicked ive just been showing my daughter she just laughed when i told her that is how her that my ex"s hair looked like that hes now bald lol.

If you ever see your ex you can tell him he's not alone. there are a few baldies around nowadays. I'm of course putting this down to loads of bike riding with a crash helmet on. The balding thing then isn't a problem but the middle aged spread and the over whelming desire to start rubishing todays music as being noisy rubbish is almost overwhelming. I'm sure my mother used to say the same sort of thing when I was barricaded in my room with Rush blasting out.

I often wonder what happened to the twins and those poor old long suffering b/f's they used to have.

If you ever see your ex you can tell him he's not alone. there are a few baldies around nowadays. I'm of course putting this down to loads of bike riding with a crash helmet on..

Rubbish,

Crash helmets ! :o

baldness is entirely down to drinking too much cider. :hihi:

I saw one of the twins a few year ago had"nt changed much just had a few more lines on her face lol i have seen bob the dj on a few different occasions he lives at low edges and hires out a mini bus now still a nice guy.yer my hair was always in a tangled mess after a run on the bike,but those days wer great and ive got very happy memories of them.I bet i know you then scary eh?:)

The twins were really nice though could be slightly intimidating to some of us feeble men folk if they wanted.They had a similar sized friend whose claim to fame was winning a wet t-shirt competition at Rebels.

Oh and Muddy not wishing to worry you but quite a few of the bike crowd who used to go tomatlock Bath are now well on the way to becoming baldies and most of them drank newcastle brown!

Now come on Rosie give us some clues or better still contribute a picture or pictures to the site and then we'll know who you are. Lots of people knew me and [and this is scary] they still recognise me today.

I got engaged in the Wap, and I mean properly engaged........bluddie Olga never got me a drink though:o

I've heard of some stunts to get a drink out of Olga but asking her to marry you......... marriage????

I bet you just liked the way she looked in that grey uniform

My mate used to out with Brian with the pythons, wasn't he a coalminer? She met him on the top of a bus. I remember the Wapp with its swimming pool style floor (probably precaution against all the beer swilling around). Plastic glasses, terrible beer, loud music... found the Nelson a bit more cosy.

I had a flashback when I was in the Corp the other week and treated myself to a bottle of Newcastle Brown.. and they even trusted me with the bottle..:P