Who Remembers The Wapentake?

What a clever little person you are, others who use the forum may not know.

:suspect: Not quite necessary.

The thread is about the pub not the etemology of the name. Your kind offering of the definition of the word doesn't actually add anything to the thread. ;)

Other people read forums, or did you think that you were the only one. If you can possibly imagine a person from Sussex reading the topic and wondering what Wapentake meant, I would think that they would be grateful for an answer. There is something called, "The bigger picture".

Other people read forums, or did you think that you were the only one. If you can possibly imagine a person from Sussex reading the topic and wondering what Wapentake meant, I would think that they would be grateful for an answer. There is something called, "The bigger picture".

Would suggest people in Sussex read the thread, the first post refers to it being a watering hole and links to pictures of said pub. (Not rocket science even for a southerner :rolleyes: )

As I said before the etemology of Wapentake has absolutely nothing to do with the pub at all other than they share the name. :)

The way this thread is going I might just start one asking for information on the "**** inn" :P

Can we now get back on topic?

Yes we can :D I just found a collage of wap pictures all pasted onto a clipframe card, oh happy days. Makes you wish we had a time machine somehow and a pic with the poster for a wet tshirt contest in rebs later on, £50 1st prize ;)

Finally repatriated my scanner and got my pics online (some of them) have a look at the wap/rebs/mailcoach pics see if you recognise anyone :P

HERE

Thanks fox those brought back good memories :)

were you any of the lovely ladies? dont think i remember you from back then :(

some notes from some of the pics i made, hope you could give me some names to faces? :)

pic 2 - i remember the guy on the right playing table football

pic 3 - i knew the guy on the left and i THINK the headless guy stood next to him (looks famillier) :P

pic 4 (definitely knew the guy with the girl

pic 6 - i used to hang most prolly with the guy on the left out of all the thrashers, everybody knows who les is :P

pic 10 - used to know the guy on the left i think and is that andy longley in the dungarees next to him?

pic 11 - used to know those 2, guy on left i forgot his name (jamie?) :( used to hang about with him loads

pic 12 - sfs very own analogkid, tony i believe :) - but whys there 4 girls names for the title and 3 girls and 1 bloke?

Thanks For That,Fox-A Right Rogue's Gallery.:thumbsup:

Surely You'd Gotta Better Photo Of Me Though?:mad:;)

Still See Most Of Those People These Days,But Not Often Enough.

I was just relieved that there were none of me ;)

Thanks For That,Fox-A Right Rogue's Gallery.:thumbsup:

Surely You'd Gotta Better Photo Of Me Though?:mad:;)

Still See Most Of Those People These Days,But Not Often Enough.

lol- but that would spoil the fun! Brings back some memories though eh?

Thanks fox those brought back good memories :)

were you any of the lovely ladies? dont think i remember you from back then :(

pic 3 - i knew the guy on the left and i THINK the headless guy stood next to him (looks famillier) :P

Thats Mac (Alistair to use his sunday name lol)

pic 10 - used to know the guy on the left i think and is that andy longley in the dungarees next to him?

yes that is Andy!

pic 12 - sfs very own analogkid, tony i believe :) - but whys there 4 girls names for the title and 3 girls and 1 bloke?

That would be Me :o , Karen, Manders and our dear departed Sass who was most deffo a bloke - lol

Thats Mac (Alistair to use his sunday name lol)

yes that is Andy!

That would be Me :o , Karen, Manders and our dear departed Sass who was most deffo a bloke - lol

ah cheers fox :)

yeah i knew mac...i do remember the name now, and i knew andy longley prolly the best out of all the thrashers

you still see him? is he online? wouldnt mind chatting to him again