Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Just had a text to say that "Chick's funeral is at City Road cemetery on Friday 15th Jan at 3.15pm. Going for a proper send off at Star and Garter behind Uni Arts Tower".

yes remember chick as i lived at his brothers house when i first moved to sheffield in 89

the last time i saw him was at the wap reunion around september ish shame will miss him :( even though half the time i could not understand what he was saying coz of his strong scots acsent

R I P CHICK

Can anyone confirm if Chicks older brother is called Dave who is married to Jean? not sure if I have the right person.

RIP :sad:

right is chicks funeral definitely on friday at 3.15 cos as it stands i can make it........i should be in sheff about 1.20, then later on ill be off to the casbah to see the meteors

then errrrrrrrrm i dunno, not got anywhere to stay yet either :D

also, this nelson place, if i remember right aint it down near the moor? and thats the new wap? i might pop in there for one before the gig

EDIT, again somebodys told me 1.15 :( does anybody definitively know when chicks funeral is?

Edited by melthebell

Just spoken to the cemetry - Chicks funeral is at 1:15pm tomorrow (fri 14th) at City Road.

Just spoken to the cemetry - Chicks funeral is at 1:15pm tomorrow (fri 14th) at City Road.

thanks for that davey, really sorry to hear about chick.

cheers for that dude, and just to clarify...friday is the 15th :)

just got back from sheff, was a busy day lol

at the funeral / wake saw loads of old faces (both were packed) some i recognised, some i dint (oops) some i remember and not seen for a long long time

froggy, jane, hazel, mixmiff, garvey, jon pullin (ex GGF singer), midge, soldier, pat (krog), dom and others ive forgotten the names of, sorry

we went onto the spare ground by the pub and had a mass photo taken by chicks brother and we all shouted to chick and raised the pint glasses and newky brown bottles

i also went to see the meteors at the casbah, now i knew it was the same building but didnt know it was exactly the same layout lol...just darker and dingier

First walked through the door in 1977, I think I was slightly but only slightly underage.

Stopped going in around 1990 as I worked and lived near Derby for a time.

Really sad when I came back a lot of the old faces seemed to have disappeared and unfortunately there was one still in residence who didn't like me, some foolish notion that I'd had something to do with his marriage breaking up, [hand on heart nothing to do with me] Anyway he'd give me the dead look and so I started to spend more time in the White Lion or the Grapes if I was in town.

Does anyone remembeer the Museum pub that was another haunt for bikers and was comfortably grotty.

hi, do you remember charlie hague?

Hi dave, i hope you remember charlie hague? he and myself want to say we are soo sorry to hear about chick xxx

hi, do you remember charlie hague?

i remember him :)

DOO YOU!! were from?

sent PM, and email address :)