Who Remembers The Wapentake?

What a great thread, brought back many hazy memories. I loved the rock reunited page too. Lots of faces I recognised, can't put many names to them though.

Is that Sil and Suzanne in the Yorkshiremans on page 1? Anyone know how they are doing?

Respect to everyone who is posting here and especially to those who posted pics.

Another post about things past:

A number of posts on this thread refer to the Druids. Anyone who has an interest in this subject should read "Hell is Not For Angels". This book covered the murder and subsequent events which the Druids (or some of them at least) were involved in. I have skimmed all the posts on this thread, sad as I am, and don't think this has been mentioned. If it is old news then apologies to all. The book came out a few years ago and was written by a lawyer whose name I forget but who is, I believe, world famous in Rotherham. I was lent a copy shortly after it came out and very interesting it was too.

I imagine it is out of print but you might find a copy in the library as it has a local interest subject. Otherwise I'm sure that googling the title will give all the necessary info to chase up a copy through ebay, Amazon etc.

This murder and its aftermath were also the subject of at least one, if not two, 'Rough Justice' documentaries on the BBC's miscarriage of justice strand.

Hope this is of interest to someone, anyone, whatever.

hi to anyone who really knows the score or may be interested about the druids mc.

as im sat up late with my mate charlie n some of the brothers, surfin the forum for what seams to be old and somewhat ill informed info on our club. Although someone does go back a very long way and good for you. the newcastle doesn't seam to have done your memory too much damage.druids and hells angels are differant entertys and both shy away from no one. its difficult to strike a balance as when ya not in peoples faces, folk think your not up to it and when you are,we are branded bullys.The druids are alive and well and have learned many a lesson this i,m happy to admit. does any one remember the sticky floor in the wap and drinks in the peace gardens bought from the international over the road ? we live and learn thats for sure! as for the bikes,my harley is runnin sweet thanks. DFFD .

Another post about things past:

A number of posts on this thread refer to the Druids. Anyone who has an interest in this subject should read "Hell is Not For Angels". This book covered the murder and subsequent events which the Druids (or some of them at least) were involved in. I have skimmed all the posts on this thread, sad as I am, and don't think this has been mentioned. If it is old news then apologies to all. The book came out a few years ago and was written by a lawyer whose name I forget but who is, I believe, world famous in Rotherham. I was lent a copy shortly after it came out and very interesting it was too.

I imagine it is out of print but you might find a copy in the library as it has a local interest subject. Otherwise I'm sure that googling the title will give all the necessary info to chase up a copy through ebay, Amazon etc.

This murder and its aftermath were also the subject of at least one, if not two, 'Rough Justice' documentaries on the BBC's miscarriage of justice strand.

Hope this is of interest to someone, anyone, whatever.

I think Steven Smith was the lawyer. :thumbsup:

I think Steven Smith was the lawyer. :thumbsup:

Yes, that was the bloke.

yes i remember the wap i always woundered how the hole got put in the speaker in the corner above the pool table

Not seen Holmsy in years, has he changed much?

I've just been talking to an old friend of Holmesy (or Rick, as I knew him 15 odd years ago), cos I knew the name but couldn't picture him, but now I can. Same as Shane (Venom fan if I've got the right one), and various others who knocked about when I was still 16/17 (cough - they were a touch older, but not by much!).

I used to share a house with Botty and Tim in Crookes, and knew Alison, Debbie, Joanne (from Swallownest?), Karen, Rick, Big Chris, and all sorts ........

I was just talking to Big Chris about the day Shelley fell over in his new boots and we had to get an ambulance for him ......... oh, happy days ..........

Is that Sil and Suzanne in the Yorkshiremans on page 1? Anyone know how they are doing?

Yes, that is them. Suz is still about, I seem to run into her most times I go up to Sheffield - last time was in the Corp last year. You would recognise her instantly. I havn't seen Syl for about 20 years, but I think Suz is still in touch with her.

Do you feature yourself on any of these from this era, or did you manage to avoid the camera?

Anyone remember Mick and Trevor the bouncers circa 1986?