Ever had an unrelenting Crush?

I've had a couple of crushes, including one on a student (adult, same age as me, but inappropriate and never acted upon, before anyone asks). That one was particularly hard, because we were both involved with other people and it was inappropriate because he was one of my students anyway, but teaching the group without blushing, and getting the right words out when presenting to the group was really hard, even though I knew that nothing would ever come from it.

I taught him for a year and then met him by chance again some time later- and my crush had definitely not gone. I came over all giggly and girly, which anyone who knows me is most definitely not me normally.

I knew there was no way it would be acted upon from the outset (and I'm not even sure that he knew about it) but it didn't stop any of the effects- just goes to show that it's nothing to do with reciprocation.

ive had a few crushes but have never acted on them, they soon passed and i moved on. Depending on the type of person you are (braveness) you can either leave it well alone and carry on being a friend to this person, or you can tell them how you feel and that if they decide to take it further, you will be waiting:)

I had a strawberry crush once...Can't get it out of my mind.....

Think i'm gonna hunt one down...to satisfy my craving...Will let you know if it all ends in tears and melts away into nothing.!!!!!

jt

Ah I am in the same situation.

My advice is give up before it goes to far.

If they are interested they will do something about it.

Leave it, expecially as they are already involved with someone, if its ment to be its ment to be.

But its not fair you going and ruining there relationship.

Leave it, expecially as they are already involved with someone, if its ment to be its ment to be.

Surely it's not ruining anything

Not like she's gonna 'jump on the bloke' is it .....

:suspect:

Takes two to tango, sounds like one of them just wants it all I'm afraid!

It sounds to me like the OP wants more than the flirting that's going on. The bloke is in a relationship already, which really should start the warning lights flashing.

There are exceptions, but in most cases getting involved with someone who's already involved with someone else - especially if that relationship is a bit messy - is a very bad move; you run the risk of getting at least some of the blame if the relationship does end. Most sensible folk will want to avoid that at all costs.

But she could do!!!

Every relationship goes through rough patches (as im sure your aware reading your old thread) but just because its in one of those patches doesn't give anyone the right to push in and try to steal the other person away before the relationship comes to its natural conclusion. :D

Takes two to tango, sounds like one of them just wants it all I'm afraid!

Exacly! you Can't make an omlette with and egg but no whisk!!! :D

Scott..I assure you, I am not out to steal anyone! I am just having a hard time dealing with these feelings. I haven't acted on anything. I have not done anything wrong. I am simply sharing this torture with you guys!

If you tell the person you leave them a horrible range of options

a) leave the person they're with for you - leaving their current partner broken hearted, and you always wondering whether they will do the same to you when your time is up

b) stay with their partner in the knowledge they have broken your heart

c) not go out with either of you, thus leaving all three parties upset and alone

which of these seems attractive, exactly? I have been in your situation, and the only thing you can do is keep schtum and try and avoid the crush if necessary. Otherwise it will all end in tears. Mark my words. (sounding like my mother now)