The Greatest Rappers Of All Time

Not really, you got Ice Cube and Dr Dre. Easy E and MC Ren were good, but not as good as them.

I do love Dre.

yeah dre sounds good, but i think he gets a little help with his lyrics from time to time:)

and for that first Nwa album, i think ice cube basically wrote most of the rhymes for everyone....icluding dre.

i was very tempted to put ice cube in my list! hes defintely the lyricist while dre does the beats.

Pit Man is the nuts! Dre is more known for his production, though he is a competant rapper.

Here's my top 5. They may not be the best, but they are my favourite.

1. Nas

2. Tupac

3. Pharaoe Monch

4. Can-I-Bus

5. Gift of Gab

Groups:

1. Wu Tang Clan

2. Pharcyde (Drop video is incredible!)

3. Jurassic 5

4. Beastie Boys

5. NWA

Groups:

1. Wu Tang Clan

2. Pharcyde (Drop video is incredible!)

3. Jurassic 5

4. Beastie Boys

5. NWA

did you see pharcyde at tuesday club? they killed it!!!!

did you see pharcyde at tuesday club? they killed it!!!!

Nah, I was away. I was gutted, but it's not Pharcyde as they used to be anymore is it?

Is Tre still in them?

Ever listened to Gift of Gab? He's in a group called Blackalicious. I think you'd like his style. His lyrics are very intelligent. He does a song called Alphabet Aerobics where he does 26 verses, with all the words starting with the same letter of the alphabet in each one. 2 minutes of genius.

Here's the video, I'd ask anyone on this thread to watch/listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dJ6xbrWHQ

Another rapper I forgot to mention was Biz Markie. Top class.

How come no-one has yet mentioned Morris Minor and the Majors? No Sleep Till Bedtime!!!

that sounds wicked, im going to have to check that out when i get back home!

i dont think he is. i met the pharcyde boys after the gig, we had a drink with them and their blatant crack heads but were sound and down to earth..

ive been getting into the uk scene, loving the likes of hoodz underground, ccr, roots manuva, plan b is ok, and of course klasnekoff. love the mix tapes but joe buddha ballsed up the album!

that sounds wicked, im going to have to check that out when i get back home!

i dont think he is. i met the pharcyde boys after the gig, we had a drink with them and their blatant crack heads but were sound and down to earth..

ive been getting into the uk scene, loving the likes of hoodz underground, ccr, roots manuva, plan b is ok, and of course klasnekoff. love the mix tapes but joe buddha ballsed up the album!

I have to admit, I've not listened to hip hop for a long time. UK scene is strong from what I know.

I used to like Mark B and Blade, Rodney P, Roots Manuva (who is based in Sheffield at the moment I hear).

I used to have band practice in the room next to Hoodz and used to sit in on them and they were great. Not heard their new stuff yet, though I did notice they had an album in HMV the other day.

Always have been a rock fan for the most part, but at the end of the day I'm a music fan and when hip hop is good, it's very, very good.

When it's bad, it's Nelly.

would that be at yellow arch by anychance?

the manager there is risco and he pretty much is sheffield hip hop! he does beats for them all..

you should come down to fundamentalz. its a live hip hop hosted by constant creations suga dugi and dj'd by risco and a few others.

its fortnightly at west st live (next one is week monday).

and i will get ya free entry as a forum discount ;)

the likes of hoodz, yezza etc have played it and its a wicked night!!

I have to admit, I've not listened to hip hop for a long time. UK scene is strong from what I know.

I used to like Mark B and Blade, Rodney P, Roots Manuva (who is based in Sheffield at the moment I hear).

I used to have band practice in the room next to Hoodz and used to sit in on them and they were great. Not heard their new stuff yet, though I did notice they had an album in HMV the other day.

Always have been a rock fan for the most part, but at the end of the day I'm a music fan and when hip hop is good, it's very, very good.

When it's bad, it's Nelly.

would that be at yellow arch by anychance?

the manager there is risco and he pretty much is sheffield hip hop! he does beats for them all..

you should come down to fundamentalz. its a live hip hop hosted by constant creations suga dugi and dj'd by risco and a few others.

its fortnightly at west st live (next one is week monday).

and i will get ya free entry as a forum discount ;)

the likes of hoodz, yezza etc have played it and its a wicked night!!

No, it was Bok studios near the United ground. Cheers, I might just go to that one night, I'lll et you know.

I saw Pharcyde about 10 years ago at the Leadmill and they were fantastic. I loved their first 2 albums but kinda lost touch after that.

Like Nekro I'm pretty much a rock fan now, Hip-Hop/Rap was my life about 15 years ago. Still really enjoy hearing decent music from any genre though.

Don't think I could narrow it down to the best five but some of my fav's were/are;

Gunshot, Roots Manuva, Smiff N Wessun, Black Moon, Redman, Pharcyde, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Slick Rick, Mos Def, Kool Keith, Wu Tang, the main guy from Fi-Schnickens (SP???), KRS ONE, Lords of the Underground - think I might have to dig through all my old tapes this weekend ;)