Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

You got me Mr Nix I've PM'd you

You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars

I've been living on the edge so long Where the winds of limbo roar

BTW does the surname Coggin mean anything to you???

Wow im truly amazed at the stuff you two can remember, its 40 years ago now isnt it!

Yes Irish night where the parents were invited with me panicking if id remembered to invite them. Hollowed out jacket potatoes filled with cheese to give them, and a film show showing how the Irish dug peat up...must have been a cracking night out for them.

Was on holiday for the moon landings but remember watching Charlie become the prince of Wales on the giant telly in the hall. What a treat to miss lessons to watch tv, by all accounts thats all they do at schools now.

Fancy dress, ah yes Mr Kenny looked great in his fu manchu outfit with his bootlace moustache that his mum made. He must have had a certain prowess in the changing rooms because there used to be an advert out at the time for a chocolate bar called 'big one' and we used to sing 'Kenny's sticks out a mile' to the song on the advert.....while walking to Woodthorpe baths!! Make contact Paul we need you on here.

Dont remember making an effort for the fancy dress but Neil Palmer went as a boxer with a silk dressing gown...will speak to him about that soon.

Yes, the showers and Wacky Races, what a laugh that was, you are right Bill a complete overreaction to put the slip mats down spoiled all the fun!!

We had some great games of togger in the playground, David Kiddy was always on the opposing side and he always cheated, right dirty bugger if i remember. When we played for the school team we always had a rivalry i used to wrestle with him with the ball to take the throw ins! There is still a photo somewhere in my family of the school team in 70-71 with me holding the ball on the front row, Richard and Paul Kenny are on it, others being David Kiddy, Sharpy Nigel Cutts, Ian Parkin, and a few that never seemed to play but were on the photo like Tony Lowe and Robert Horton.

Remember Rich doing his collar bone on the slide in the yard at winter time and also remember Kevin Maw was the best at sneaking up behind you and slapping your arse with the back of his hand that really hurt!

great memories keep em coming

i didnt go to prince edwards but had a few mates that did, mick cowan,digger weston,pete bodell,dave weston ,harry hewitt ,the dells to name a few, way back in the early 1960's

We are the warriors on the edge of time

We live inside your brain we hide inside your mind...

classic!

OK, gonna try some random memories...

Billy Smith fighting with Mrs Dearman (school nurse)..

Going to the shop (Barnards) to buy tobacco for Joe Albaya (how unPC that would be nowadays)..

Teo-feyo-feyo-nord.. (dutch footy team)

That play that the older boys & girls did about the magic pen in the main hall that had kids playing the part of all the teachers with the immortal line "I'm Mr Fillingham... I'm always Fillingham!"... dead silence..... and "I'm Mr Miles, I'm always on the tiles".

Winning a football match (against Phillimore) and getting stuffed against Athelstan (0-6).

Thin Mrs Oxley and Fat Mrs Oxley (bless them both).

The flat panic the staff were always in when the inspector guy (Mr Huscroft) came to visit.

Mark Davison having smelly sea urchin shells.

Martin Blakey being forced to sing "Fight the good fight" solo by Miss Brittain.

Kev Bloodworth's family "winning" the pools.

Trevor Hague getting stuck in a lift somewhere and got a bit about him in the paper.

How's that for useless rubbish that's stuck in my brain?

Have got all of mums old photo albums somewhere, will have trawl through looking for embarrassing images hahahahaha.

depoix I think you are a little older than me but I know the dells, hewitts and bodells as names from old from the top end of the Manor

Last time I saw Paul Kenny he was in an insurance shop when I went to fix the switchboard

Dave Kiddy is a top man in the fire brigade. His cousin John Hardcastle has a younger brother Ian who lives across the road from me - both are well - though I want Ian prosecuted for treason as he painted over the George Cross I did on his garage door prior to the World Cup (that was an early morning start)

Sharpy is well, hasn't changed, recently worked at Hurlfield and is gigging with Jock Smith in the band Blitz http://www.blitzrocks.co.uk/

Oggie Horton isn't too well, but has managed to get his missus up the duff again.

Ian Parkin is ok and lives in Rotherham where he is a plasterer and football manager

Andy Booth works for the council, and Ernie works for the IT dept in the NHS.

I have seen Kevin Maw occasionally and he is happy and well

Whatever happened to an old buddy Mark Davidson who lived at the barbers on Mansfield Rd?

More

Martin Blakely loosing a shoe whilst walking through the mud on the field on the way home from Woodthorpe Baths (Mrs Lyons who used to whack your knuckles with a stick if you tried to avoid drowning)

I later worked with Mr Miles son JP Miles and I kept asking him if he'd ever read Riki Tiki Tavi to him with those scary eyes?

Mr Shepherd illustrating fallopian tubes with his shoe laces

What was that about Kev Bloodworth? I still have the scars form a 'bit of fun with a knife' we had in my mums kitchen

Vasquez Rich

I don't remember fighting with a nurse (maybe 'cos I didn't win) Can you help with more details? Did I blub good?

Mark Davison, if you recall, moved to Nether Edge and that was the last I ever saw of him.

The fight with Mrs Dearman was when we were in infants, or at least low juniors.. you were having a strop and she was trying to calm you down, and failing.. it was jokeworthy for a few weeks as I remember.

Mrs Lyons... wooah... was scared of her, my sister ended up buying her house once.

Dells are related to me through my fathers side.. not sure how exactly though.

Paul Kenny moved to Preston last time I heard.. he was still in insurance.

depoix I think you are a little older than me but I know the dells, hewitts and bodells as names from old from the top end of the Manor

thats right,it was the mid 60's when they left school,i occasionally see roger hewitt and pete bodell but have lost track of the others,last time i saw the dells together was at their moms funeral except for vicky,i saw her in ingoldmells about four years ago

Been reminded this morning about buying breadcakes at lunchtime from Elm Tree bakery and then nipping over the road into the middle of Manor Top roundabout to eat them amongst the trees and bushes there while the traffic went past.