Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

Hi Jeeno yes I remember those names too . We must have been in the same year. More names I recall are Jennifer Herrett Kathryn Rowbotham Barbara Brearley

Hello Paintedsmile

I think the names were Kathleen Wilkinson and Susan Rowbotham (dec). I also remember Jennifer Hewitt and a Kathryn Merryl.

I am still in touch with Barbara Brearly and plan a reunion very soon with others.

Interested?

Hello Paintedsmile

I think the names were Kathleen Wilkinson and Susan Rowbotham (dec). I also remember Jennifer Hewitt and a Kathryn Merryl.

I am still in touch with Barbara Brearly and plan a reunion very soon with others.

Interested?

Yes I am . I remember Kathleen but remember Jennifer as Jenny Herrett and. Kathryn Rowbotham.

Would love to attend a reunion. I knew Barbara well

I just found this site, so here go's I was at prince Edwards all e way thro infants t seniors till I left @15 year 63. Remember old man Thomas and his henchman Mr Williams hard but fair. Some of the guys I had in my class were roger mailer, Dave Denton , I think roger Hadley Paul Fraser my older brother was in the year ahead and sis 4 years younger all at same school.

I remember in miss pilgrims library class shooting a bb handgun at Hadley's butt while he was sleeping then throwing it out open window pilgrim searched all desks but nada ? I used to live on fitzshubert street till we moved but we still stayed at same school. Miss Pilgrim had her ghosts but I saw her shed a tear once It shattered on the floor like crystal ⛄

I went to prince Edwards left in 66/67.Great school. Just heard some very sad news Pamela Jones has recently passed away. She was a year younger than me. She was a really nice person always very friendly. We weren't in same class at school but had a few mutual friends.RIP PAM.

Hi Everyone

I am new to Sheffield Forum, I attended Stand House Juniors and in 1951, I attended Prince Edwards Seniors until 1957, My class teacher was a Miss Fletcher, I remember Mr Williams (my favoutire) and Mr Gratton and Mrs ("Until I was so rudely interrupted") Butler along with many others. The girls will remember Mrs Butler, it would be nice to hear from anyone who attended Prince Edwards at the same time as me !

Hi John Roberts

Your sisters Doreen and Jean were friends of mine and so was Sylvia Simpson, I lived at 88 and Sylvia at 86. I have recently spoken to Doreen on skype !

Our headmaster at the Prince Edwards school in 1953 was called Handcock He could cane an inmate for just being an inmate at that centre of learning that provided lads with a future down Treeton pit.

To top it all he only had one arm and he would tell you that a good whacking was for your own good .

It weren't or wor it.;)

Prince Edwards Junior school @ Elm Tree Sheffield.

I was there about 1950 to 1955. Mr. Cross headmaster. I remember Miss Pilgrim (teacher), Molly Evans, Valerie Northall, Joan Page, David Frisby, Willie Windle Michael Hill, Tony Andrews.

My mum (Mrs.Hartley) was teachers assistant there a few years after I left.

Ring any bells?

Kingfisher.

I went to Prince Edwards from 1946 to 1957. I remember Mr Gratton. When I was do to move up to seniors, I changed schools as I didn't like Mr Gratton and might have gone into his class. I moved to Pipworth Road school. I only made one friend at Pipworth Road who was Geof Gratton, his nephew.

I only remember one girl at Prince Edward. Her surname was Margery Pye, often wonder how she got on. I remember well playing on the pit tip and sliding down to the pond.

Hello

I went to Prince Edwards from 1946 to 1957.

Remember playing on the pit tip and sliding down to the pond. I only remember one name of pupils at Prince Edward. Her surname was Margery Pye, She lived round about Number 5 Mansfield Road. Often wonder how she got on.

Be nice to hear from any one else who was there about then.

I was there from 1959 when try old till passing 11+.I remember my class consisting of Jill cocker.Michele frost.Stephen taper.Michael strobin.peter Cutler.Denise boldock to mention a few. There was Mrs Bingham (potted meat family).miss pilgrim.Mr Hilfiger.miss Lambert .etc.