Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

One other name of an old school-mate that comes to  mind -  a month after I first wrote (the wheels turns painfully slow these days!!) -  was that of Grenville Brookfield.  All this was 62 years ago, mind,  so the memory banks might be a little flaky!! I often wonder what became of us all . . . .  Chris A

In my class Mrs Websters were carol Coates Kathleen Briggs , Janet firth , l lived in riddings close across from the Delves

My Mum Shirley Maris went to Prince of Wales School infants and juniors from around 1952 to 1958. She lived at Intake - Sharrard Grove. She then went onto King Eckbert's for a short time before her family moved out of Sheffield. She definitely remembers Mrs Webster. I will ask her names of other pupils she knew. Anyone remember her or there at same time? I have a photo of her playing Sleeping Beauty in the school pantomime aged about 6 in 1953. 

Did any one start PRINCE Edwards  infants school during the 1970s Mrs vickers was the teacher at the time  I remember doing the nativity story for the Christmas play  I played Herod  we used to say Mrs Vickers and her smelly nickers as we used to drop a pencil on the floor to grab an eyeful of her big frilly knee length nickers and I remember also she was always chewing on something She slapped mine and Rogers arse for stealing daffodils and the garden owner came into class first day mind .

I attended Prince Edward from ‘64.’67. I had Mrs Newsome, Mrs Makkin, Mrs Vickers, and Miss Staton. The Headmistress was Mrs Biddilph (sp) . Was any one there at the same time as me?

Edited by Penny MyersHead