Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

poppypopstar those are harsh words it was a good school to go to still is .both my son and now his daughter gos to it did you

Mr Pops is right most teachers at that school were masochists.

I agree with bushbaby3 those were harsh words. I remember my time at Prince Edward as being happy.

It all depends on what era you attended the school mine was 1947 til 58, still got the bruises.

What was the name of the headmaster its doing my head in, he used to come into assembly wagging his slipper when someone had nicked the milk or something. Actually slipper them in assembly too. Blimey!

was it mr hill?

i left prince edwards for hurlfield in 1975 i was in miss kingdoms class with

paul townsend

mark dodds

vaughn steel

karen wilson

wendy ball

heather dealy

gary needham

can remember loads of faces but forgot their names ..well i am gettin on a bit:|

Edited by px200

Hiya Val, Jean (Haigh) here. I remember you, Sandra and Susan. Are you on Facebook. I'm in touch with Sue on there.:)

hi jean i think you lived next door to my grandma and grandad on cary road:)

I was at PE infants and juniors until 1961

I remember Mr Vernon Cross Headmaster ..he smoked a pipe and he used to pick up the little girls !! I remember the smell of his pipe tobacco.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Mr Bellamy He used to walk down the rows of desks and whack the boys on the back of the head if they weren't paying attention !

I also remember Mrs Gilson and Miss Stephenson as well as Mrs Webster.

My sister and brother [ also on this forum ] went to PE too and later on my son was there.

Some names I remember are Terry Dell Elaine Kay Jean Tilney Alan Kitchen Michael Oldale Mick Szymanski Peter Briggs Susan Foulstone Susan Jackson.

I am sure more will come back to me

Gypsy dave, Val isn't a twin but does have twin sisters Pam and Barbara.

I had some friends at Prince Edwards, Linda and Chris and does anyone remember Terry Jennings, he left in 1964 age 15, he had an older sister Susan and he lived on Dagnam Crescent.

Gypsy dave, Val isn't a twin but does have twin sisters Pam and Barbara.

thanks for that lucylac . i can remember now , i used to go to school with val in the early days at p/edwards and can remember a lot of people on this forum i.e barry grimbley.tony whitley.billy white .jimmy summerscales,georgy o/brian,david roberts.jacky cole.david cope, buny[brian] fitszpatric, john mellor, harry maichin ,and all the mattymores that lived across our back garden,on whindyhouse lane i could go on for ever but the old brain box needs a quick re vamp now all the best dave

Hi Lucylac,

Yes I have twin sisters, nice that someone remember those days. Weren't that bad.

Hi Val

I remember you well as I am a friend of Pam's. We have known each other for approx. 40 years. I haven't seen Barbara for a long time though.

The last time I saw you was at your house when your parents were still alive or it could have been at Pam & Barbara's 60th Birthday bash.

did any one attend prince eedwards school in the sixties. the headteacher was a small bald headed headed man called mr thomas we used to call him tomcat.the teachers i remember were mr brown mr graham mr white miiss robinson im sure there was a lot more put my memory fails me

I was there at that time, anyone remember John Roberts who punctured all the

teachers tyres?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 10:57 ----------

I was there at that time, anyone remember John Roberts who punctured all the

teachers tyres?

A few names i can remember Diane Dell/ Rodney Whiffin /Elaine Hutchinson /

Carl Stevens/Dave Lee/Linda Brown/Duggy Fairfax/Mick Shepherd/Carol Davis/

Leslie G---/Doreen &jean Crooks/David Cope/Joe Fletcher/Dennis[bunny]Briggs/

Mattimore family/-----Housley.

I was at P/E from 1953 Through to leaving at 15 in 1960.

1st job was in Shaws Butchers opposite the school.

anyone out there ,please get in touch.

Edited by badboyme