Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

Hasn't dave weston got a brother called Roy & is it true that Digger passed away a couple of years back?
yes mark thats true, roy was a glazier i think, me and dave used to meet him in the manor club along with digger, digger was a great bloke but he once chased me and his brother dave for making him look daft, he had been for a drink in the elm tree and when he came home he asked us to give him a knock at 5 am as he had to be at work for 6

we put daves girlfriends make up on him while he was asleep and pinned a picture of superman out of a comic on to the back of his work jacket, we woke him at just turned five and said we had overlayed, he grabbed his workboots slipped on his jacket and shot out of the door to get the rotherham 69 bus on prince of wales road

none of his workmates explained why they were all having laughter fits, not until dinner time when he saw his reflection in the pub mirror, then come tea time,me and dave were to be seen running like mad away from a bloke who still had traces of makeup on...:hihi::hihi:

digger.rest in peace mate, god bless ya..

yes mark thats true, roy was a glazier i think, me and dave used to meet him in the manor club along with digger, digger was a great bloke but he once chased me and his brother dave for making him look daft, he had been for a drink in the elm tree and when he came home he asked us to give him a knock at 5 am as he had to be at work for 6

we put daves girlfriends make up on him while he was asleep and pinned a picture of superman out of a comic on to the back of his work jacket, we woke him at just turned five and said we had overlayed, he grabbed his workboots slipped on his jacket and shot out of the door to get the rotherham 69 bus on prince of wales road

none of his workmates explained why they were all having laughter fits, not until dinner time when he saw his reflection in the pub mirror, then come tea time,me and dave were to be seen running like mad away from a bloke who still had traces of makeup on...:hihi::hihi:

digger.rest in peace mate, god bless ya..

Ahhh i thought it was the same Dave,Roy & the late Digger(r.i.p),i think both Dave & Roy still drink in the afternoon at the Arundel club.

Nice story of Digger,i had a good chuckle :hihi:

Ahhh i thought it was the same Dave,Roy & the late Digger(r.i.p),i think both Dave & Roy still drink in the afternoon at the Arundel club.

Nice story of Digger,i had a good chuckle :hihi:

mark do you remember diggers mate molly?,and big jeff the window cleaner? or barry ? they all used to drink in the elm tree with digger

When I was there it was Prince of Wales Middle School, 74- 80 ish. It was a great school, I was in Conway the best! And it was a giggle to have a headmaster who`s school letters, reports etc were signed A. Batty Headmaster

I was there from 64-72 ish, I was in Conway too, blue if I remember, the others were Harlech,Canarevon & Caerphilly, (Is that on Welsh road signs:-

'Please Drive Caerphilly'.!!

The headmaster name with the slipper was Mr. Cross and low behold if you did cross him.

The headaster with the slipper was Mr. Cross. Very strict he was. Never had the slipper myself but know plenty who had. Richard Stewart and Michael Topham I think got it for playing truant.

Does anyone remember Trevor Millbourne aka Kes late 70's?

i went to school with denise millbourne matbe it was his sister i think they lived somewhere on queen mary road

i went to school with denise millbourne matbe it was his sister i think they lived somewhere on queen mary road

sorry bushbaby it was late 60s not 70s silly mistake by me.

it was late sixties i was refering to i think we left about 67

Dont think its the same family.not sure he had a sister and he lived on fitzhubert.the teachers at my time were Mr williams.Mr.bluff.Mr graham.Mr bedall who we called buggy bedall.p e teacher was called finch who was hard as nials.